37

Chapter 37: Returning

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

The sun was beginning to set in the town of Rose. Levi and I walked over to my mother's house where I secretly left her a note she'd find in the morning when she went to work.

With Dutchess, Levi, and the supplies, we walked around back to the backyard. We walked a little ways until we entered the woods, retracing our steps we made our way to the two stones. Standing before them we took out the supplies and began the process to travel back. "Wait," Levi says.

I sigh, "Don't tell me you're having second thoughts." I tell him.

He shook his head. "I'm not, I just wanted to tell you...I love you," he says.

So cheesy. I smile and shake my head. "Love you too, now come on before someone sees us," I warn.

Levi nods and we begin, Levi had to use the book to make sure we did everything right. Dutchess was in my arms purring, although I could've left her with my mother, she was just as important as Levi. Kissing the top of her head I gently scratch around her neck for her, my heart was racing with excitement to be going home, with Levi. Here we go.

~Levi~

I looked over the material again. I did as the instructions said, grabbing (Y/N)'s hand we both place our hands on the stone. And that's when the wind picked up, soon everything around me would turn white.

I hoped that the bright light wouldn't attract any attention to anyone that might be in the woods this evening. But I don't think they'd see us. With a sigh, I shut my eyes and squeeze (Y/N)'s hand.

~Katherine~

Through the kitchen window, I saw two people walking through our backyard and into the forest. Confused I thought it was some stupid kids screwing around. I was going to call them out and tell them to go home before I called the cops. Milo was still at work, and I hadn't heard anything from my daughter and her fiance. All I knew is that they were probably already on a plane headed to America right now.

I step out onto the back patio, they ran into the woods and I followed even though it wasn't the smartest thing. They were rather far but I could hear their footsteps. Weaving my way through to go and catch the kids, I was starting to have a hard time seeing what was in front of me due to the light fading away from the sun going down.

As I came to a fallen tree the wind began to pick up and a bright flashing light blinded what was in front of me. What the hell?! I felt like I was going to be knocked to the ground by the powerful winds. Some weird UFO shit was happening. I fall back onto my ass and shut my eyes fearing something non-human was going to take me away.

But in a matter of seconds, the wind died down and I slowly opened my eyes. It was dark again. Slowly standing to my feet I continue on considering some weird shit had just happened, but my curiosity was getting the best of me at this moment.

Pulling out my phone I turn on the flashlight to help me see a little bit better. Ducking under another fallen tree I find two large stones. The grass had been burnt a little at the tips, kneeling down I find that the two stones had names carved on them. The first one read Levi then the other read my daughters' name.

I slowly start to smile thinking they did this for me so I would always remember them. Placing my hand on the stone I trace over the letters to my daughter's name. Sniffling softly I wipe away the tears that nearly came falling from my eyes. I'll never forget.

~(Y/N)~

After getting over the temporary nausea I go to Levi to help him a bit, he seemed to get over it quickly. The blindness subsided faster than the other times I had traveled. Dutchess hadn't roamed far and she seemed to be in perfect shape, although she did end up getting a little sick too.

Grabbing her and Levi we all gather together, it was a cold night. "It worked." I sigh.

"Good, now we just have to get to Trost," he says.

I sigh as I look around us. "We can't be too far. Rose is about three miles from where Trost district once was. We can start walking there tomorrow." I tell him.

"Okay, I'll get some sticks. In my bag I packed some things in case we needed to camp," he says.

Nodding I go into his bag, we would have to make a tent with branches. Dutchess jumped into Levi's bag where she found warmth, it was better than her roaming around, but then again she was a pretty loyal cat so I wasn't too worried.

I was home again. But not completely, tomorrow I get to see everyone and start a new life here. With Levi.

~Levi~

While (Y/N) began making the tent, I gathered sticks to build a fire. It worked...it actually worked. As far as I knew right now we were within wall Rose, the only thing we had to worry about were wild animals coming at us.

When I gathered enough sticks I came back to find (Y/N) mostly done. Dutchess, her cat was sleeping in my bag. (Y/N) picked up the bag and carried it over to the finished tent, setting the sticks down I begin making the fire. After it started up I go and sit beside (Y/N) under the tent, wrapping my arm around her I held her close.

At least by tomorrow night, we'd be in a warm bed. The fire grew a little bigger and each time the wind would pick up the warmth blew towards us. (Y/N) and I didn't get much sleep that night, probably because she was too worried Dutchess might run off. I, on the other hand, wanted to make sure the fire didn't go out. With her in my arms, she rests her head on my shoulder, and I rest my head on top of hers. We did it, we're home.

═════ 🌙 ═════