10

Chapter 10: Slipping Sanity

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Andrew~

Stumbling through the trashy alleyway in town, it now was the place in which I called home. My father still in prison, and my mother ran off out of the country in hiding from authority.

Everything was shit, I no longer had my private jet to escape, my phone to hit up old friends in hopes to find a place to crash, and I no longer had the girl, the one girl I'd give my life for. All I had was a need to drink lots of beer, and little hope I'd find shelter tonight.

As I came to the end of the alley, I lean against the edge of the building as I look across the street. My eyes widened at the sight before me. It was her, the very one who broke my heart ten times over, left me in Scotland, and here I find her, yet she had her arm hooked with someone. My head felt like it was burning up as my eyes traveled to the short man at her side.

Quickly running across the street not giving a shit about the oncoming traffic, I stopped in front of them. "(Y/N) hey! What are you doing here?" I ask. Shit, I should've taken the time to look a little more presentable.

They stopped and she looked at me as if I were a stranger. "Andrew?" she says in a confused tone.

I nod my head. "Y-yeah." I stutter.

I pretended that the man beside her didn't exist, that he was just her handbag or cousin. "What have you been up to?" I ask.

She backs away slowly looking uncomfortable. "Y-you know work and school- oh this is my boyfriend Levi, Levi this is my old friend Andrew." she introduces.

B-boyfriend?! She must be getting good dick to go out with someone that short- I could clearly see past his head- hell I could use him as an armrest. "So you're the one who couldn't take a hint?" he asks me, I glance overseeing his stoic expression, his tone sounded annoyed and seemed to give off a warning.

I laugh nervously. "And what hint would that be?" I ask playing dumb.

~(Y/N)~

Shit was going downhill real fast. I knew Levi was blunt and he clearly showed it as he didn't waste time bringing up past events. "Let's go, Levi, we'll be late for that reservation," I say as I slowly pull him along.

"I'll see you around (N/N)." I hear Andrew call, waving my hand I didn't turn and say okay because I really hoped I wouldn't.

As Levi and I both walked off I turn to him and nudge his side. "Look I love you for being upfront with people, but you can make things really awkward," I tell him.

He pulls me close and looks back at Andrew who was still standing there. "Yeah well it's clear he's still pining for you," he says.

I roll my eyes. "No, he's not." I deny.

"(Y/N) he looked like a damn puppy. Besides, he was giving me a creepy-ass feeling," he says.

Yeah, no kidding. "Come on," I say as I open the door to the restaurant and tug him in.

"I hope we don't see him again," I mutter.

"For his sake, I hope so too," Levi says as he pulls out my chair for me, quickly sitting he pushes it in slightly before taking a seat across from me. "If we do I'll be sure to remind him who you belong to," he says. Rolling my eyes I pick up the menu and hide my face behind it feeling my face heat up at his words.

~Andrew~

I was furious, that man didn't deserve her no matter how long they'd been going out. I head back across the road and walk up the sideway until I reached the restaurant they had entered. Watching them through the window, I watched (Y/N) smile just before taking a sip of her drink.

Jealousy took over me the moment I found she had a boyfriend, even moment before only because I believed I was the only one good for her. I guess I'll just have to show her. After they had finished their meal, I crept back into the alleyway where I sat up against a building getting comfortable.

~Levi~

I didn't like the guy one bit. After the run-in with Andrew, I could tell his sanity was hanging off the edge. Not only that but it seemed as though he hadn't had a shower in weeks, not that I could blame him given that he was now homeless.

As (Y/N) and I walked side by side quietly as we made our way back home. As we walked, I couldn't help but think that the Andrew guy could be lurking, and for both my safety and (Y/N)'s I suggested something, "You should get a restraining order against Andrew." I blurt.

She stopped in her tracks and looked at me in shock. "Why?" she asks with a smirk on her face probably thinking I was making some kind of sick joke.

I look at her seriously. "Because I don't trust that guy. Like I said I was getting a creepy vibe from him." I tell her.

"So? That's not going to make a valid argument in front of a judge. I have to have a better reason than just 'Oh he's creepy'. If he does anything then I will, but as of right now it's not possible due to the fact he hasn't done anything that has caused me harm." she tells me. She had a point, a judge wouldn't just easily hand a restraining order out.

"Fine, but if he so much as lays a finger on you I'll shove my foot so far up his ass it'll hurt so much that he won't be able to take a shit for a month," I warn.

This causes her to laugh as we start to walk again. "Alright tough guy, com'on," she says. With that, we pressed on until we reached home. 

═════ 🌙 ═════