13

Chapter 13: Friendly Dinner

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

Apparently, (Y/N) had set up a dinner date with her friend Desiree and her husband Harry. I didn't mind, however, I did want to spend the night in with (Y/N) and watch a new movie. I stood behind her as she fixed her tight little black dress she picked out. She turned to me and fixed my cravat before brushing it off slightly.

My eyes then became fixated on the jewelry box to a rather fine piece of jewelry. "Where did you get that ring?" I ask her.

Turning to the box she took it into her hands then handed it off to me. I was rather careful when handling it as I examined the diamond. "It was my grandmother's engagement ring. My mother sent it to me when I turned 16," she says.

Nodding I hand it back to her and she places it back in the box. Definitely have to keep that in mind later. Turning her back to me again I looked at her back, the dress had an open back revealing most of it to me. Towards her waist was a black ribbon that was loose. For her, I grab both ends of the ribbon and tie it for her.

"Thanks," she says as she fixes her earrings.

When we were ready we both headed out to the car, as I stood in front of the passenger door I stopped and looked at the large tree in our front yard. I thought I had seen something moving back there, my eyes focus on it for a moment but find nothing there. Since last night I had been getting the feeling like I was being watched.

Getting into the car I buckle myself in while (Y/N) starts the car. Pulling out of the driveway she turned to the left and we made our way down the street. While passing by the tree I looked closer to see if someone was hiding behind it, but there was no one.

~Time Skip~

By the time we reached the diner, I wanted to go home. I could see two people standing outside waiting for us at a table. I assumed those two were Desiree and Harry. (Y/N) parked her car along the driveway and shut the car off. She and I both get out of the car, shutting the door I then walk around the vehicle to meet with (Y/N). She hooked her arm with mine as we walked up to the table.

Desiree stood up and hugged (Y/N) while I shook hands with her husband. Then we both switched, I shook hands with Desiree and (Y/N) shook hands with Harry before we all sat down. "It's so nice to finally meet you Levi, (Y/N)'s told me so much," she says.

"Thank you, she's mention you as well. And congratulations on the pregnancy." I say.

She nods her head and smiles. "Thank you," she says, after that we all made light conversation while we also ordered our drinks and food. While waiting all of a sudden Harry was getting a phone call.

"Honey, I gotta take this real quick," he says as he stands up. She tells him okay and he walks away from the table to take the call. Then Desiree leans forward on the table.

"So, are you guys planning on going back together, or what's the plan?" she asks.

Wait she knows? I turn my head to (Y/N) and she smiles shyly. "Yeah, I told her about it. She believed me. And yes Desiree, we plan on going." (Y/N) says.

"When? I hope not too soon, I'd really like for you to meet the baby. I was planning on making you the godmother." Desiree says.

(Y/N) looked at me for a moment then back at Desiree. "I'm sorry, but it'll have to be soon. If we stay too long Levi will lose his memories. Besides he's a captain and has obligations." she says.

"What if he were to go back without you-"

"I don't think so." I then cut in.

Desiree looks at me in slight shock. "Desiree, he won't go back without me," I tell her.

She nods in understanding. "Well at least we'll be able to see you before you go right?" she asks.

(Y/N) quickly nods her head and smiles gently. I did feel a little bad that my being here was changing things, but as I told (Y/N) and- my mind went blank on who else I had told I was done losing people. As I sat there, eyes boring down at the table, I didn't realize my face had contorted in confusion. Who else did I tell? I know I told somebody else...but who?

"Levi are you okay?" I hear (Y/N) ask, her hand fell onto my shoulder grabbing my attention.

I darted my eyes back and forth between her and the table. "Yeah, I was just zoned out," I tell her. Did it happen this early for (Y/N)? Moments later Harry returned to the table and sat down beside his wife. Then afterward our drinks arrived as we all talked.

"So (Y/N), how did you and Levi meet?" Harry asks.

I felt (Y/N)'s hand slip into mine underneath the table. "It was after my shift at the antique shop and we just bumped into each other. He walked me home to make sure I was safe." (Y/N) explains.

The two smiled at each other, I'm sure Desiree would know due to the fact (Y/N) must've told her everything. When our food came the conversations died down a bit as we ate our food, still, underneath the table, I felt (Y/N)'s hand squeeze mine gently. Glancing over at her with my fork in my mouth she smiles gently before mouthing the words 'I love you'. With a soft smirk I squeeze her hand back, she knew I wasn't really one for PDA, this was probably the most I'd ever do with her in public...other than that one time.

═════ 🌙 ═════