25

Chapter 25: Secrets Spilled

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

With six days left now, (Y/N) and I would have to get some things ready like the mixture of blood and ash from an object from my time. We had found the stones which were so conveniently behind her mother's house. We even needed to get Dutchess ready since we didn't intend of leaving her here.

That morning after our eventful night last night I woke up beside her finding her laying on her stomach, her face towards me. Her face was peaceful. Looking down at her left hand I admired the ring, remembering how it all went down last night.

Speaking of memories, I continued to lose bits and pieces with each passing day. But would go back to the journal and refresh them to an extent. But now, I was becoming confused with certain parts of the journal, as if I didn't remember them that way although my notes were heavily detailed. Certain names would be lost and I'd find myself sitting at the desk late at night wondering who the hell Erwin was or this one person...Mikasa? I couldn't match names with faces.

I knew I had to tell (Y/N), but I didn't want her to feel rushed when I promised her time to say goodbye. I didn't want her thinking I was doing it to rush her home with me.

Gently I sweep my fingers through her soft (h/c) hair causing her to stir in her sleep. Leaning down I press a soft kiss on her temple, when I pulled away I watched the corner of his mouth slip up into a soft smile. My hand rested on her back gently, stroking up and down until I decided to rub the back of her neck.

Soon enough I laid back which allowed her to move over and place herself on top of me, I could feel her chest press into mine as she laid there her back more exposed as the sheets slid off stopping just above her ass. Grabbing the edge of the sheet I pull it back up to cover most of her back, I felt her shiver slightly from this.

~Time Skip~

Around lunchtime, we had an unexpected visitor at our door. Desiree and her husband Harry. Now that (Y/N) and I were out of bed I decided to invite them in while (Y/N) was in the bathroom. "(Y/N) will be out in a minute," I tell them.

As they stepped in I led them over to the couch, they both sat down. Desiree's belly had grown a little from the last time I saw her. "We have some news... Harry and I thought it would be best that you two were the first ones to know," she says.

Nodding I look towards the bathroom. "Would you like some tea? Coffee? I don't know how much longer (Y/N) will be." I say.

"We're fine thank you," Harry says.

I nod and sit kitty-corner from them on a small chair, with my back to the bathroom door, I hear it open. As (Y/N) walked out she came to my side and sat on the armrest. I place my hand on her lower back. "Hey guys, what's going on?" she asks.

Desiree took Harry's hand and her smile drops. "Harry and I are moving," she says.

The news didn't surprise me, and it didn't seem to surprise (Y/N) either. "Oh, when?" she asks.

"In about three weeks." Harry answers.

The room went silent afterward for a moment. "Well...Levi will be leaving in, what six days now?" she asks me.

"Oh?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, to America." I lie.

"Well, you haven't done much moving...unless."

"Nope, this will belong to whoever moves here next. We decided to take only the essentials." (Y/N) says.

We all after that talked for a while longer, each saying our goodbyes due to not knowing when we'd see each other next. The sun was beginning to set, ending the day rather quickly.

Locking the door I turn to face (Y/N) who was standing a few feet away from me. "Hey... I have something to tell you." I tell her.

It was finally time I tell her about the memories. "What's up?" she asks, walking up to me she wraps her arms around my neck, my hands fall on her hips.

"Well...you know how you told Hanji that your memory was fading?" I ask.

Her smile fades and her hands travel down resting on my chest. "Yeah?" she asks in a confused tone.

"Well, it's happening to me," I mutter.

Her eyes widened before pushing me away. "How long has this been going on?" she asks.

I shove my hands in my pockets and shrug. "About a couple of days after I arrived."

Her face begins to contort in anger. "Why didn't you tell me? We've been here almost a month and you couldn't tell me you're forgetting thing?" she asks.

"I didn't want to make you feel rushed, and it wasn't that bad at first... it was simple things but I have my journal to look back on to remember," I tell her.

"And that's supposed to make it better? If I had known I wouldn't have stayed as long. We would've been back sooner-"

"I wanted you to be able to have time with your family (Y/N)! You were telling me that your mom finally gave a shit about you, I wasn't gonna ruin that by telling you I was losing my memory." I argue.

She backs away and shakes her head. "Then we have to go! We can't waste any more time," she says.

I walk up and grab her arms trying to stop her from heading to our bedroom to pack. "Hey! Listen to me, I told you because I didn't want to hide it from you anymore...because you are my fiancee now and I don't want to keep anything from you. I want you to spend these last days saying goodbye-

"So now that I'm your fiancee you don't wanna lie to me? You should've thought that even as we were together! Relationships are about communication- trust. But now that we're getting married you think it's okay that you lied to me?" she asks.

"No, I-"

She continues to shake her head and push at my chest. "I can't do this right now- I...I'm going to stay with my mom." she says.

She goes to walk past me when I grab her wrist. "No, (Y/N) we have to talk this out- you just said we need to communicate-"

"I have nothing else to say to you right now. All I want right now is for you to leave me the hell alone so I can think," she tells me. With that she heads to the door and walks out, I decided to give her the space she needed although it hurt like hell watching her walk out the door. 

═════ 🌙 ═════