60

Chapter 60: A Time With You Again

Again please remember, I wrote this chapter before the official manga chapter came out. So please refrain from commenting about how it's wrong or "that's not what happened" I know that's not how it happened but I had to improvise and be creative! I hope you understand :)

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

Historia made it so I couldn't leave, not to mention the rain had come too. In the kitchen, I washed her dishes for her while she sat outside soaking up the sun that was now out after the storm passed. (C/N) was outside too playing with the other children under the watchful eye of Historia's helpers.

As I stood there drying the dishes off I stop when I heard something. "Bring him in quickly." I hear Historia.

The door flies open and Hanji rushes in, in her arms she had my husband who had seen better days. Dropping the cup in the sink I rush over and help her. "W-what happened?!" I ask. Suddenly my head feels light and I begin to feel faint. I couldn't think much less breathe at the sight of my husband.

"Ask later, we have to tend to his wounds before he bleeds out more," she warns. Nodding I lead her into what was mine and (C/N)'s bedroom. She sets him down and I step back, she was better with the medical stuff than I was. Historia asked for a few helpers to assist Hanji. Standing back I looked at Levi's face to find the large cut and shards protruding from his face.

"(Y/N) why don't you go wait outside for a bit, we'll need as much room as possible," Hanji says. Slowly I nod and rush out of the room. I'll go stay with (C/N). Rushing outside I trudge through the soggy grass finding my son playing with a couple of kids. Forcing a smile I watch them play while the other helpers rush inside to aid my husband.

My mind was racing with too many thoughts good and bad. But I did my best to make sure my son wouldn't see me cry if I did, but I wouldn't know if he did because I passed out after falling to my knees. I wished, even hoped it was all a dream.

~Time Skip~

Hours passed after I woke, there was little to no update on how Levi was doing. I was scared that they couldn't help him and that he'd have to die. I knew that with his job came the risks, and I accepted it, but I didn't really take into full consideration that it would happen. Because I knew Levi was strong and fast, but this time he got caught.

Sitting in the grass with my son resting his head on my lap, I hear footsteps which made my heart race as they grew closer. Glancing back I find Hanji walking out, her face blank. "Come with me," she says.

I nod and wake (C/N) up. I tell him to go play again then stand up to my feet, I follow Hanji back to the house, walking up the steps, everyone stood outside and looked at me in shame which only made my heart drop. This had to be a cruel joke, they want me to think he's dead but when I see him he's wide awake. Entering the house Hanji and I stood outside the door. "He's lost a lot of blood...and I'm afraid that..he's not gonna make it. So unless you want me to keep trying, let me know now and we can get back to it. But I think Levi should rest now, he's been through a great deal. And I know that if he makes it through this he's only going to beat himself up for not fulfilling Erwin's promise. So you have to make a choice (Y/N)." she says.

Why me? Nodding I turn and enter the room, as I walked in I let out a shaky sigh. Walking up to the right side of the bed I sit down in the chair placed beside the bed. Sniffling I grab his left hand looking down at his ring then his right hand finding the two missing fingers. "You idiot, what were you thinking?" I mutter.

I shake my head. I can't be angry, he's always been reckless with his life. Letting out another sigh, I release his hands and place my hand on his cold forehead. They cleaned his face allowing me to see how bad the cut was. You have to make a choice. I shut my eyes and shake my head. I didn't want to because I knew that if I kept him alive he'd only suffer. And...if I let him die (C/N) would be without a father, and I a husband.

"I have don't know what the right choice is. I don't want to lose you- and...and I don't want you to suffer anymore." I croak. My head falls as I cry into my free hand, I shook my head before lifting it up to look at the ceiling. I breathe slowly calming myself down. I gotta make the choice...one that I won't regret.

"I love you." I croak. "And I don't want you to hurt anymore. I'll..." I stop and sniffle some more. "I'll tell (C/N) that...you... you were very brave, and that you fought for a better future." I sob.

"And you should know...you were the best thing that has ever happened to me." I sob. I couldn't take it any longer, I stood up and lean over the bed. I press a kiss into his forehead as I shut my eyes tightly letting the tears seep from my eyes. The air was thin and made me want to pass out, stumbling away from the bed and out of the room, I shut the door then leaned against it.

"We will let him rest. He's done enough for you people." I say. Hanji and Historia along with the others looked at me sadly before nodding in understanding. I need...I need to go find (C/N). Quickly heading for the door I rush out of the suffocating house and out to the field again. But the moment my feet touched the grass I fell to my knees crying loudly into my hands. Hanji ran after me and ended up telling me what happened since I forgot to ask after. And it only made it worse.

~Later That Evening~

I cried, for a while, I didn't even go looking for (C/N) who was now back inside. I told them not to move him yet. I sat back in the room now a little more composed than last time. "Mama." I hear (C/N) mutter. Turning my head I force a smile and open my arms to him.

Running over he jumps up and sits on my lap. "What's wrong with papa?" he asks.

I shook my head as I hug him from behind. "He's just a little cut up. But he's resting sweetie." I tell him.

"Will he wake?" he asks softly.

I shook my head. "Unfortunately sweetie, he's gonna be sleeping for a long time. But that's okay, he needs the rest don't you think?" I ask.

Looking back up at me he nods in agreement. Sniffling softly I stand up with him in my arms. "Why don't you say goodbye okay? We need to get going, sweetie." He nods and climbs out of my arms. Resting beside his father he hugs him gently.

"Bye dad," he mumbles. Quickly I turn away feeling the tears build up again, and the burning sensation within my eyes. Walking back over I press a kiss into Levi's head.

"Rest easy...you deserve it," I whisper.

With that, I picked up (C/N) and we walked out of the bedroom. I said my goodbyes to Hanji and Historia knowing that I wouldn't be seeing them for a while. I told Hanji where I was headed if she made it out of this mess alive.

Now outside with them watching me, I got my horse ready with (C/N) holding on. I say goodbye one last time before getting on the horse myself. Pulling at the rains my horse turns for the gate and starts trotting in the direction. I was getting away from it all, not just for my protection but for my son's. Maybe someday I'll come back and remind myself of the time I had spent with these people, and how they became my real family.

Although Levi and I had been through so much together, so many things that tried to separate us, nothing could keep us apart, not death, space, nor time. No matter where we were we would always be together. And I was glad to have time with him...again.

The End...

═════ 🌙 ═════