21

Chapter 21: A Future

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

(Y/N) had left for a little bit after telling her what Lizzi had done. I suspect Lizzi is getting a good talking to-

I turn my head watching as the door opens, a bruised up (Y/N) walks in and I stand up. "What the fuck happened?" I ask as I make my way to her.

"Nothing- I.." I stop her and grab her hands, leading her towards the bathroom I start a full-body exam. She had a couple of bruises on her stomach but it was mainly her face I was worried about. She had a busted lip, a bruise on her cheek, and a cut on the same bruise.

"Please tell me you didn't pick a fight with Lizzi," I say.

She remained silent as she looked past me and at herself in the mirror. "To be fair, I went there to warn her, she threw the first punch, I was merely defending myself," she says.

"Tch and you say I'm ridiculous when I get jealous," I mutter.

She rolls her eyes, "I got this, I need a relaxing bath anyway so get out." she says as she pointed to the door.

"Uh, no if you're taking a bath so am I." I tell her.

"Why so you can scold me for beating someone to defend myself?" she asks.

"No, so I can clean the places you can't reach, now strip and get the fuck in the tub," I say.

She smirks at me and turned away, turning on the water she held her hand under it making sure it wasn't too cold or too hot. She began removing her clothes until she was left in nothing, I did the same and we both stepped into the water that was a little hotter than expected but we soon eased into it.

Resting myself behind her, she sat in between my legs. The bubble solution she put in the tub turned out to be more than she anticipated. With a sponge I gently lather it across her back, moving her hair off to the side I sit up and continue to scrub her back. Leaning further forward I pepper soft kisses on her back causing her to tremble. Smirking against her skin I continue to do so until I reach the back of her neck. "Why don't you tell me what happened," I mutter.

She let out a sigh, her shoulder slouching slightly. I lean back resting back on the edge of the tub. (Y/N) shuts off the water and leans back on my chest, "Well after you told me what happened, I decided I'd go and talk to her... tell her to leave you alone and that if she had a problem with me that she could come talk to me and not my boyfriend." she starts.

"Mhm." I hum, wrapping my arms around her she rests her head against my chest and turns it to the side.

"So she started getting pissed and punched me. I guess she was having a shitty day and decided to take it out on me. So I fought her until she fell to the floor in tears. I told her to never contact me or you and that's that." she finishes.

I let out a sigh, nudging my head against her, I peck her uninjured cheek. "You have some shitty friends here, or should I say, ex-friends. Honestly, you have one who is obsessed with you and the other is... well the other just seems like a complete bitch." I tell her.

"Yeah well, they used to be good people... Lizzi and I used to be close before...you know," she mutters as she looks up at me, her eyes meeting mine.

"And Andrew?" I ask.

"Andrew has only gotten crazier, before when we were in school together he was always protective of me, especially after he found out about my dad. But now it's turned into a form of obsession he thinks is love," she says.

"Yeah, a dangerous kind of obsession," I state.

"Yeah well, in nine days we won't have to worry about him anymore," she says.

I rest my head on her. "Yeah, plenty can still happen within that time," I warn.

"What do you think we'll do first when we get back, other than work?" she asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "Whatever we want I guess when we have free time. We could always go see the ocean with the others, before I left they were planning something like that." I tell her.

"Oh yeah? That'll be fun... I was thinking we could plan on building a house." she mutters at the end.

"A house?" I ask.

"Yeah, I love the headquarters and everything but sooner or later we might be married, and who knows... eventually we might, you know have a kid or two," she says slowly and softly as if she were unsure I'd want the same thing.

"Yeah, maybe. Where would we put it?" I ask.

She shrugs her shoulders. "Close to the headquarters so you don't have to travel far. But I do want to have a little farm, your horse can stay there I'm sure it'll like being in the open field with mine." I tell him.

"Mhm," I mutter.

Suddenly she gets up and steps out of the tub. "Where are you going?" I ask.

"I'm all clean," she says before pursing her lips together, I could tell she was keeping something to herself now.

Quickly leaning over I grab her wrist. "Hey, talk to me," I tell her.

She shakes her head and scoffs. "It's just... you don't seem that interested right now. I know you wanna marry me someday, but I'd like to have a home for ourselves-

"I am serious (Y/N). It's just a lot to think about. And we don't know what will happen when we get back, the house may have to wait depending on the situation." I tell her.

"You're right... sorry," she mutters.

"Don't be, I'm glad you're thinking about it." I pull her down causing her to sit on the floor, cupping her face in my hands I force her to look at me.

"When we get back, we'll build a house, as big as you want. We'll make a barn and everything for horses and cattle whatever you want." I tell her.

She smiles. "Really?" she asks.

I nod my head. "It'll be our home, and I want it to be perfect," I tell her.

My right-hand rests on the back of her neck as I slowly pull her towards me, pressing my lips into her she sighs and melts into the kiss. "ich liebe dich." she says after he pulls her lips off of mine.

I tilt my head slightly and narrow my eyes in confusion. "What?" I ask.

She smiles, "It means 'I love you' in German." she explains.

"Oh, well in that case I love you too," I say before pressing another soft kiss into her lips. For the first time in my life, I looked forward to the future because I knew she'd be a part of it. It would also give me more motivation to keep on fighting, fighting for a better world, one where our children would grow up free.

═════ 🌙 ═════