55

Chapter 55: The Days of Being a Soldier

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

The days pass as things seem to only get worse. First, it started with Darius's assassination when a bomb was hidden within his chair that tortured members of the interior police back when they were after us. Not to mention Eren escaped, thanks to Hanji's quick visit I was up to date. How I missed the days of being a soldier. But now it seemed as though I was a lot safer now that I was no longer on the front lines let alone a cadet.

Sitting in Levi's office I had my journal in front of me re-reading over some things trying to remember. (C/N) was in the living room playing with his toys, the door was open and I could see him sitting on the floor. I smile then look back down at the notebook reading over the contents.

~Memory~

~(Y/N)~

Mikasa ran outside to check on Armin. While I knelt next to Levi stitching his wounds, luckily he wasn't shut... only a few cuts from being nicked by bullets. We were hidden in an abandoned barn to regroup.

I too had my wounds but overlooked them and only tended to Levi. Unfortunately, not all of us were lucky enough to make it out. Once Levi's shoulder had been stitched I place a bandage over it before standing up.

He reached forward and grabbed his shirt to put back on. For now, we just needed to rest for a while and regain our strength. I begin to walk away when I felt Levi grab my hand, looking back I find him standing there holding the bandages in his other hand. "We've still got time before we eat... let me tend to your wounds," he mutters.

Nodding I go and sit in the same spot he once occupied while he kneels before me. I quickly unbutton the shirt I had been wearing to reveal my tank top underneath. There on my left arm was a deep gash, even though it stopped bleeding I couldn't leave it open like this. As I look down at my shoulder I found the scars... but suddenly draw a blank as to where I got them.

"The scars... just seem to keep adding up," he mutters.

Nodding slightly I don't answer. "Yours too... you have just as many as it seems," I say.

Slowly he pushed a new needle through and to the other side as he starts pulling the flashback together. With my right hand, I gently place it on his cheek, my fingers gently grazing over the bandage. "I'm sorry about the others... if we had realized sooner-

Levi placed his pointer finger on my lips hushing me. "They risked their lives to help us get further to saving humanity... we will honor their deaths when the time comes... but for now we gotta keep fighting," he says. Nodding my head I rest my forehead against his.

~Memory Over~

With a sigh, I shut it and push it away from me as I sit back in the seat. Hopefully, Levi is having better luck away from this. I started to wonder if I should get going over to Historia's now...it wasn't safe since we were close to the fighting. And I didn't want (C/N) to get caught in the middle of it.

Stepping out of the office I head into the bedroom where I packed a few things into a bag along with food and water. I even packed things for the baby so I was ready to go if things got worse. With a sigh, I place the bag in the living room while I look down at (C/N). I hope he's alright.

═════ 🌙 ═════