59

Chapter 59: Support

Again please remember, I wrote this chapter before the official manga chapter came out. So please refrain from commenting about how it's wrong or "that's not what happened" I know that's not how it happened but I had to improvise and be creative! I hope you understand :)

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

I should've known he'd pull something sooner or later. I just didn't think it would involve my subordinates. He thought I wouldn't be able to kill them, but I did, and I didn't like that I had to. After using the thunder spear on him, I grabbed a fist full of his hair dragging him out of the woods.

Now, it was just him and I. I'll have to keep my guard up. Finding the wagon that brought us here I use the remainder of a thunder spear I had and impaled him with it, while I tied a piece of wire to his neck that connected to the other end of the thunder spear. So if he moved it would go off.

I got the horses going, and when an hour or so passed by and the sun started to come up, he finally woke once his body healed enough. He looked at me shocked and I raise my hand. "Wait, don't move," I warn. Shocked he looks down at what I had done to him.

"The thunder spears fuse is connected to a wire that is around your neck. If you move recklessly you'll make it go off from your abdomen. You'll probably end up in two pieces." I warn him further.

Zeke started couching a bit before tilting to the side to vomit, I watched in disgust while the horses continued to move on. "Given the state, you're in it's hard for me to tell you not to die...not that I have sympathy for you anyway...because you treaded over the lives of my subordinates was all a part of your plan. Tell me was being covered in shit and vomit while bawling your eyes out part of your plan too?" I ask. I stood up and began slashing at his feet cutting them off little by little.

He screams in pain as I do so leading up to just below his knee. "Shut up! If I don't cut you up like this, an asshole like you will turn into a titan, right?" I ask.

Zeke continues to scream in pain, once I was done I stand there watching him. "Where- Where are my glasses?!" he asks loudly.

"How the hell should I know? It's not like you'll be needing them anymore anyway." I answer. After a bit he calms down and seems to pass out again, which I was grateful for that I didn't have to hear his excessive crying like a bitch. Then I hear him mumbling stuff, letting out a huff I go to the front of the wagon and control the horses.

~Time Skip~

The clouds came in and the rain began to pour soon after. Pulling my hood up I glance back hearing him mutter things. Steam was still coming out of his feet but he was close to fully regenerating. Stopping the horses I turn back to him. I thought I heard him say euthanasia. "Did you say something? Euthanasia or something?" I ask.

I go back and stand beside him looking down at him. "You know you're gonna end up dying in some stinky titan's mouth, while hearing the sound of your body getting chewed up, but...wouldn't that be an awfully gentle way for you to die?" I ask. Looking down I glare at him. "Compared to the lives of my comrades you stole," I say.

He looks up at me tiredly. "I didn't steal them..." he mutters. "I saved them...those children from this cruel world," he mumbles.

"Looks like your legs grew back," I say as I pull a blade out, ready to slice him up again.

Then he turns his head and yells, "Watch me, Mr. Xaver!"

My eyes widened as I watched him pull his head back detonating the thunder spear. And before I had time to react I was caught in the explosion and sent flying away from the wagon.

~Hanji~

The sky was dark as I rode alongside Floch and his group seeking out Zeke and Levi. I was taking them to the forest but then I saw smoke and alerted the group. Heading in that direction we came upon a busted-up wagon and a titan with steam coming out of it. "What the-" I stop and look around.

"Commander Hanji don't move around on your own!" one of the men warned me. As my eyes look to the river they widened when I saw a figure laying there. Quickly I jump off my horse and rush over to them wondering if they were still alive. "Someone there!" I tell them.

Running over I fall to my knees on the soggy ground, grabbing the body I pull them up. "Are you still alive?" I ask loudly, then I looked at their face and my heart sank. "Levi?" His eyes were barely open and he had a cut doing down the right side of his face. My eyes tail down looking at his right hand. His pointer and middle finger were both missing.

The group of men came over hurding around me. Shards of wood were stuck in his face too, they were scattered along his face. "Well I don't know what happened but we're lucky our number one threat is all bloodied up." Floch says reffering to Levi.

"Let's shoot him in the head." another man says.

"He's dead." I quickly say.

I began explaining that due to the fact he was caught in the explosion point-blank range that his injuries would be severe and fatal. And as I turn my head to look at him Floch looks at me suspiciously. "I can also take his pulse, let me have a look," he says. I glare back at him while holding Levi's head.

"Floch! There's something weird going on with this titan!" another cadet calls as we watch the titan start to act strange, more steam protruded from its stomach as it pushed itself off the ground.

Then emerged from the smoke while the sun came out through the clouds. Zeke Jaeger appeared, he had come out of a titan and we don't know how he got there in the first place.

I acted quickly and with Levi, I jump into the river letting the current take us downstream hoping it would lead us to Historia's. Their guns started to go off as I swim down the river quickly leaving the group behind. After some time I managed to lose them by the fast current. Levi was now on my back so I wouldn't drown him. I had to save him. 

═════ 🌙 ═════