57

Chapter 57: This Isn't Home

Again please remember, I wrote this chapter before the official manga chapter came out. So please refrain from commenting about how it's wrong or "that's not what happened" I know that's not how it happened but I had to improvise and be creative! I hope you understand :)

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

With (C/N) in my arms under the cloak, I watched as Hanji and the others stepped into the carriage. She had given something to one of the cadets but I didn't hear what she said. The other two were cuffed and pushed by what seemed to be the Jaegerists. And I could see that Floch was the one rounding them up.

I wondered where Eren was. Maybe inside, talking to Mikasa and Armin since I hadn't seen them come out yet. Before they could catch sight of me I headed back to my horse, getting on I headed back to the house prepared to ride towards Historia's farm to seek safety.

Things were only getting worse and it was because Eren was trying to find his brother, or so I overheard when Floch started asking Hanji where Zeke was. Soon they'd probably be looking for me since I knew. Levi told me.

Passing through the inner gate I kick at the horse's side a little harder making it speed up. Turning down the path I look down at (C/N) who was looking up at me curiously. I'll leave (C/N) with Historia then go to Levi let him know what's going on and maybe get him to come with me.

Once I was home I grabbed my bags and started getting ready to leave but as I was just about to go to the door I stop when I hear, "Mama." (C/N) had said things before but it was clear this time. Looking back I find him standing up looking at me in confusion. And I thought back to the times we spent together and watched as he took his first steps.

~Memory~

I was in the kitchen washing mine and (C/N)'s dishes from dinner. Levi was out again dealing with Eren and the others, this time he was gone longer than before. After drying them off and setting them in the cabinet to my left I turn around.

My eyes widened when I saw what my son was doing. He was standing on his own, with no assistance from holding something, he was a little wobbly but stood tall and managed to balance himself. "Oh my-" I stop and drop to my knees, with open arms I signal for him to come over.

"Come on," I mutter.

Slowly he started to walk over, taking each step slowly as he continued to wobble his way over. He looked around and held a goofy little smile. But once he focused enough he rushed over to me and fell into my lap. "Good job!" I praise as I pick him up in my lap.

At that moment I was happy at the small accomplishment he made. And as I cradled him in my arms, my smile fades realizing Levi didn't get to see it. Levi would've been just as proud...maybe or he would've wondered what the big deal was about him learning how to walk because everyone learns eventually.

Another thing, (C/N) was growing up without really ever seeing his father due to the missions and duties of a soldier. I couldn't ask Levi to quit, especially when he was so focused on fulfilling Erwin's promise. Although the moments Levi did share with (C/N) were precious, and Levi made sure he spent as much time with his son in between missions as much as he could. But it never stopped me from missing him. "Let's get ready for bed," I say now standing up with (C/N) in my arms.

~Memory Over~

Opening my arms out to him I kneel down. Rushing over to me he wraps his arms around my neck as I lift him up. "I'm sorry baby, but we have to go away for a little while," I whisper. I didn't want to leave home but it was no longer safe here. And I knew Hanji would have to tell Floch where Zeke was if she wanted to live or if Floch threatens to hurt her subordinates.

As I turn back to the door there was a knock. And my heart stopped. 

═════ 🌙 ═════