Ⅵ︎

☁︎︎ Third POV

Y/n and Tanjiro both pointed their spears at the hand demon before them.

"You get their head, I'll cover you," Y/n muttered as he didn't take his eyes off of the demon.

Tanjiro nodded and side glanced Y/n.

The hand demon lunched his arms at the two slayers. Y/n jumped in front of Tanjiro and sliced them giving Tanjiro a clearing to jump.

The hand demon looked up and was ready to aim his hands at Tanjiro once again. When he did, he was caught of guard when Y/n sliced the arms and looked at the demon with dull eyes. The demon flinched at the dead-like eyes.

"Breath of Water, First Form: Water Surface Slice!" Tanjiro sliced right where the demon's neck will be, a line of waves followed.

Y/n's eyes slightly widened at the water as the demon's head flew off of it's body. He shook his head and watched as Tanjiro landed on the ground. He walked up to the redhead and looked down at the disintegrating demon with dull eyes.

Tanjiro glanced at Y/n before turning to the demon with sorrowful eyes. The demon was surprised by the pitiful expression.

Tanjiro turned to the body, which was holding out a hand in a pleading and sad manner. Y/n walked up to the demon's head and crouched down on it.

The demon watched as the water breather held his hand in pity. He felt himself being lifted up and placed on the cloud breather's lap.

"I pray that you have a better life next time," Y/n whispered.

The hand demon felt tears start to bubble up.

"Have a good rest, you deserve it."

The demon slowly disappeared into ashes. It's tears were left behind on the forest floor.

Y/n blinked as he got up from his sitting position and turned to Tanjiro. He walked up to the taller male and placed a hand on his shoulder for comforting. Tanjiro perked up at the sudden warmth and turned to Y/n.

Tanjiro smiled and bowed, "Thank you for your help, Y/n, I must've been a burden," he said in a polite manner.

Y/n shook his head, "I've actually been meaning to met you, Tanjiro-San. I just so happened to run into you now which helps me from trying to find you anywhere else," he stated.

Tanjiro looked up in surprise. He didn't expect to wanting to be found.

"May I ask why you've been meaning to find me?"

"No."

Tanjiro sweatdropped at the blunt manner.

"Well, my mentor had told me about you and how I needed to stay by your side. That's all I can inform unfortunately," Y/n quickly said as he nervously looked away.

Tanjiro nodded and held out his hand, "Well, I think we should get to know each other, right, Y/n?" He said with a smile.

Y/n looked at the hand than at his own hand. He copied Tanjiro's hand movement and shook hands with the taller.

"It's a pleasure to finally met, Tanjiro Kamado."

☁︎︎ Time Skip ☁︎

"So, you use breath of water, correct?" Y/n asked as he mindlessly sliced a demon's head off in one go.

"U-uh, yeah," Tanjiro stuttered as he had just witnessed Y/n swiftly kill a demon.