Ⅼ︎Ⅷ︎

☁︎︎ Third POV

Y/n kept his smile despite panted heavily, trying to catch his breath. He tried to walk, tried to run after Muzan to kill him but he only stumbled to his knees with his hands on the ground. His katana dropped to the floor.

Y/n coughed, choking on his own blood as he tried to get as much as he could out of his system. He threw up an agonizing amount of blood as he could feel something stab him. All he could do was laugh to himself, trying to ease the pain.

"Damnit..." Y/n hissed to himself as he dropped to his side in a puddle of blood, "Damn it all..."

So many people died, and so many people were close to death, Y/n knew that. That's why he was throwing up blood in the first place. It's not like he wanted to but he did this to himself anyway.

Y/n laughed silently, "I'm in so much fucking pain... Haaa, this is fun..."

Y/n peeked up from the ground, he saw that Tanjiro and saw that the fight with Muzan had drew closer to him. And yet, he didn't even have enough energy to pick up his blade, how useless he was, so pathetic.

"Ah... Okaasan, Otosan, can I have a sign that you're still watching over me?" Y/n muttered to himself, seeing as Obanai stabbed Muzan's head, "I'm tired..."

Y/n puked up more blood, coughing a bit as he did. He could feel himself dying, he could feel that his body was giving up. This was such a pathetic way to go out. He chuckled to himself.

Y/n weakly clutched his fist in the dirt, "I miss you... Mama, papa, Kai... But I also miss them... Ubuyashiki, Tamayo, Kiriya, Senjuro. I know I promised to protect them, but I couldn't. At least Senjuro and Kiriya are still alive... They have each other anyways."

Now that Y/n thought about it, all of his loved ones have died, he himself have died too. And now that he lost his mind and everything, well... Y/n hated himself for going insane, even though it wasn't his fault.

But... Y/n can't fully blame Muzan either. Muzan was desperate to find his lover from all these years ago, and he went mad because of it. Muzan didn't turn into a demon for power, he turned into a demon to find and live forever with his lover. At least, that's what Muzan told Y/n.

Y/n let out a tired sigh, his thoughts over taking the loud yells of the fighting going on. He just wanted a small rest after all. However, the rest quickly turned painful with every second he breathed in and out.

"Is this... how I die?" Y/n asks himself, "Do I really want to die?"

Of course, the thought of everlasting sleep was amazing to Y/n, but he gave it more thought. If he died and if Muzan died, he won't ever see anyone again. But if he survived and stayed alive, he would be by everyone's side till they died.

Y/n furrowed his brows slightly, "I... I want to stay with them, and grow old with them... I don't... I don't want to die yet... Not yet, please."

Y/n gripped onto his katana and used it to push himself off of the ground. He hissed in pain feeling the slash on his eyes swelling up. It seems like a curse, one that was like Tanjiro's eye, had made itself comfortable on Y/n's eyes.

"Haha," Y/n laughed to himself, "That hurts... Pain... So much pain... ow..."

Y/n couldn't see anything, he could even barely see the auras of other people, everything was slowly fading away from him. Did god hate him this much to make him suffer before his death? That seemed a little bit unfair.

A shock went through Y/n, making him grip his katana and tense up. He snapped his head to a random direction he didn't know of. However, he could see the faded colors of orange-red and black auras that belonged to Tanjiro and Muzan.