Ⅹ︎Ⅹ︎Ⅹ︎Ⅲ︎

☁︎︎ Third POV

'Yoriichi we have to do something! Please I can't let him die too!!' Y/n yelled in his head.

Y/n could feel the coldness from Yoriichi shift a bit. Yoriichi was uneasy and this made Y/n tense a bit. This can't be good, not one bit.

'Yoriichi?'

"I'm sorry, Y/n," Yoriichi said, "But the time limit is running short..."

Y/n's eyes widened. He began to shack a bit causing him to drop his katana from shock. He started to breathe heavily trying to think of a way to help Rengoku as much as he could.

Sabito can't be much help. Sure he's good for speed and agility, but what Y/n needed was power to fight an upper moon, he needed Yoriichi. But Yoriichi's time is running low, if Y/n does overtime, Yoriichi won't be able to help him again.

Y/n clutched his hands into a fist. He raised his hands and hit his head closing his eyes shut, trying to think. He was harming himself again, trying to find a way to help in any way he can.

"Y/n! Stop hurting yourself!" Yoriichi warned as he forcefully pulled Y/n's hands away from his head.

A shadow casted over Y/n's eyes, "How much time do we have left?"

Yoriichi's coldness wavered slightly, "Barely a few minutes. 10 minutes tops."

Y/n looked up and his red and (e/c) eyes were dull, "Plenty of time..."

Yoriichi stayed quiet.

The dust cleared dramatically as the figures of Rengoku and Akaza were noticeable. Rengoku had blood spilling from his head as he closed one eye. Akaza, however, was unscathed, not even a small scratch on that pale body was noticeable.

"Even if you fight with the intention to sacrifice your body, it's all worthless, Kyojuro," Akaza stated with a solum look, "The wonderful slashed which you attacked me with have already healed. What about you? Your left eye is smashed, your ribs are broken, and your organs are wounded. As for Y/n..."

Rengoku's eyes widened at the usage of the name. He looked at Y/n from the side of his eyes. Y/n hesitantly stood up but a shock of pain went through his body. He sucked in air as he held his side.

"His ribs are broken as well, granted he will heal faster, but I don't think he can fight much in his condition, let alone fight back when I take him. You'll both won't be able to recover from this."

Rengoku's eyes slightly sharpened and he looked back at Akaza.

Akaza still had a disappointed look on his face, "If you were a demon, you would be cured in a blink of an eye. If you were a demon, this would be just a scratch. If you were a demon, our dear Y/n would be in our arms right now. If you were a demon, and if Y/n were a demon, we would all live for eternity. No matter how much you struggle, humans cannot defeat demons."

Y/n sharply let in a breathe and looked up. Tanjiro was trembling to get up as Inosuke was not next to shaking with fear of the sight of the fight.

"I will fulfill my duties!!" Rengoku shouted as he had a pointed smile and raised his katana, "I won't let anyone here die!!"

"What a wonderful fighting spirit!!" Akaza commented, "You have so many wounds yet you drive your fortitude, and your stance has no openings!! You really should become a demon, Kyojuro!! Let's continue to fight for all eternity!!!"

Akaza lowered his stance ready to charge at Rengoku. Rengoku raised his blade and also readied himself too. Y/n's eyes sharpened. He ignored the pain in his side and lowered his stance, forgetting about his blade.