Ⅹ︎Ⅼ︎Ⅱ︎

☁︎︎ Third POV

Y/n and Uzui stood before the spotted demon. Uzui with a pissed expression, and Y/n with a tired look in his eyes, a bit of eye bags being barely visible. The two demons originally had their sight on Y/n but now Uzui stood in their way.

"Niiice man," The spotted demon cooed as he was now talking to Uzui, scratching himself, "Niiiice face. Niiice skin. No spots, no birthmarks, no wounds. Niiice flesh. I can't get any fatter myself. And you're real tall, man. You're clearly over six feet here. I'm sure you're really popular with the girls, man."

Uzui shuffled a bit in front of Y/n as if wanting to protect him. The female demon whipped her tears away from her cheeks as she was slowly starting to regenerate her face back to normal.

The spotted demon began to violently harm himself, making Uzui uncomfortable and Y/n lower his head, "The envy, oooooh, the envy! Could you just drop dead? And you'll get a real painful death now. I'll skin you alive and claw your inwards out right after."

"How sanitary..." Y/n muttered to himself sarcastically.

"Not now Y/n," Uzui whispered.

"Sorry..."

"ONII-CHAN!! He's not the only one!! There's more!!" The female demon shouted, "Go kill the girl who burned me!!!"

Y/n's eyes sharpened at the order from the female demon to kill Nezuko. Now he was serious. Anyone who dared to threaten Tanjiro and, especially, Nezuko, deserved a slice from his blade, for they are both the kindest and sweetest people he had ever met and deserve every once of respect.

"You spin round and round when you die," The male demon threatened Uzui, "You will be taken is our care," He referred to Y/n, "Because my name is Gyutaro!!"

"Tengen-San, under us," Y/n said quickly.

Gyutaro raised his blades and slashed the ground, taking Uzui by slight surprise and making Y/n jump into the air to dodge the debris. Uzui was quick to slice the debris away as Y/n skillfully maneuvered and them.

Gyutaro began to softly scratch himself again, "The envy, maaaan. You really are a niiice guy, huh? Our dear mate, maaan, you really are amazing like Akaza said. Protecting humans, looking cool, looking magnificent, niiiice. And you're a savior in their eyes, huh. I'm sure they'll show you with love and gratitude upon you."

The floor of the top floor was currently in rumbles on the floor under it. There was two humans, cowarding away, scared to move, scared to even breathe. However, they were forced not to look at the scene because of Y/n.

"Keep your eyes on me," Y/n whispered to the people, a man and a woman, who passed out in shock, "Don't look back and only listen to me."

The man could only nodded and look down at the woman in his arms.

"Well, yeah," Uzui stated, "I'm a flamboyant, elegant, ladies' man, so of course. I even have three wives and a soon-to-be husband by my side."

Y/n deadpanned, "Husband? What? No."

Uzui momentarily stuck his tongue out jokingly, "Love ya, Y/n."

"Not now please."

Gyutaro stared at the two's interaction with side eyes, he soon began to scratch himself with anger, "You got three wives and you're close to the mate??? You're kidding me right?!! Riiiight??!! Unforgivable!! The mate doesn't deserve you!!"

"Blood Demon Technique: Splatter Sickle!"

Gyutaro set slashes at Uzui, aiming to kill him next than take the mate for himself and his sister. The slashes were dark and seemed to have something more than just power behind them, but yet, Y/n could not tell what it was.

Y/n quickly got in between the two humans and the slashes, prepared to shield them as much as you could at the time. Uzui was quick to use his explosives to cancel out the attacks Gyutaro had sent at him.

The woman screeched in fear of the loud bang and because of the tension that was happening around her. The male could only hold the woman tightly as Y/n shielded them from a gruesome sight and fate.

"Run!! And go hide!! Y/n help them!!" Uzui ordered.

Y/n didn't hesitant to pick the male, along with the female, up in his arms and carried them away from the fight. He knew that Uzui could hold himself for a bit before he had to intervene and help out.

"I'm going to hide you, you'll both be okay, please calm your breathing," Y/n said in a dull voice as he ran to a further house.

"Th... THIS IS INSANE!! THIS-THIS CAN'T BE REAL!!" The male cried out as the woman clutched him for dear life.

Y/n lowered his eyes in a slightly depressing matter, "This is all real, sir. So please, just keep quiet and hide. I don't want anymore blood being splattered in this battle."

"But... But what about you??" The man said under his breathe, "You don't look a day over 18 and here you are putting yourself in dangerous situations! This is psychotic! What is your purpose when you're still so young?!"

Y/n froze at the last question. What really was his purpose? Was he supposed to be a brother or a son? Was he supposed to be a demon or human? Was he supposed to be a lover or a loner? Y/n knew nothing of himself and who he is. All this time, he's been living on orders of what people gave him. A slave to the people he cared most about.

"I am a 16-year-old male," Y/n claimed bodily, "I am a slayer for the Demon Slayer Corps, an organization that goes unnoticed by the government. I... I have no purpose in life, other than to protect certain people, and now to protect others that need help. So, sir, please, stay quiet and hide."

The male stared at Y/n for a second before gulping down his anxiousness. He nodded slowly, concerned for the child's well being and mental health, however he kept quiet and left to hide in the house.

Y/n glanced at the retreating male and female before looking down at his hand, 'Who am I? A slayer boy? An obedient person? A house wife for my nonexistent lover? Whatever... I don't need to know that. I don't need to know my identity and purpose... do I?'

Y/n shook his head to get rid of his thoughts. He lightly hit himself on the head as a small punishment before looking up. He can't think about himself now, there's a fight going on, and he needed to help. He leaned down slightly and began to run back to the fight he needed to aid in, forgetting about his mental dilemma a second ago.

The male that talked with Y/n gazed out the window in concern. How can a child, a literal child, handle so much of this horror occupation? It was impossible for him to not be traumatized by just a simple look of that demon, and he was an adult.

However, that child had seemingly seen so much worse than just demons, blood and sharp objects, it almost made him seem inhuman. The male clutched his fists, wondering when that poor child is going to break and go insane from pure trauma.

——————✧ ◦ ✦︎ ◦ ✧——————
[A/n: I swear the exciting chapter are coming soon]