Ⅹ︎Ⅸ︎

[A/n: Long ass chapter, enjoy]

☁︎︎ Third POV

Y/n narrowed his eyes at the mountain before him. He didn't like it, not one bit, and it showed a bit on his face because of his eyes and furrowed brows.

'Red... Blood red...' Y/n thought in his head as he examined the mountain that was tainted with evil.

"Wait!!" Zenitsu cried out, "Can you please wait!! It's so scary!! It feels so much more scarier the closer we get to our destination!!"

Y/n deadpanned slightly, sometimes he wonders why he hangs out with people like Zenitsu. Although he won't lie, Zenitsu can be sweet sometimes.

"I'M NORMAL!! YOU'RE ABNORMAL!!" Zenitsu yelled at Inosuke, "AND I DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW WHAT Y/N IS DOING!!"

There was a rustling sound, making Zenitsu stop his yelling. Y/n snapped his head to who was making the sound and his eyes widened, along with Tanjiro's.

"Save... save me..." A young slayer muttered as he was crawling on the floor.

Y/n was quick to his feet and went to run towards that male. Tanjiro yelling and doing the same thing, Inosuke following the two as Zenitsu stayed on the ground.

"Are you alright?! What happened?!" Tanjiro called out.

Y/n was about to kneel in front of fallen slayer but he was knocked away by the slayer being flung into the air by, what seemed like, invisible string. Everyone stared in shock.

"AAAHHH!!! EVEN I WAS TIED TOGETHER!! SAVE ME!!" The slayer begged.

Y/n was about to jump and run after the slayer but froze up, his whole body stopped moving as he was about to enter the red forest. His eyes went wide as he tensed.

"Y/n?! What's wrong?!" Tanjiro asked in a slight panic seeing Y/n freeze up suddenly, "What happening?!"

"5..." Y/n breathed out as he stepped back to where Tanjiro was.

"5...? Five what, Y/n?"

"5 demons, tens of hundreds of slayer, more than half of them are dead," Y/n stated, "So many white auras..."

The trio behind Y/n tensed a bit. They knew of Y/n's ability to see living beings' auras, they also knew of what colors were which. So, they knew that white was death.

"Five... demons..." Tanjiro muttered as he looked at the forest.

"Tanjiro-san, there is a lower moon in there. It's probably the one causing all this mess."

Tanjiro looked at Y/n in surprise. A lower moon, this was his chance to get one step closer to turning Nezuko into a human.

Tanjiro's face turned into one of determination with furrowed brows, "Alright, let's go," he stated.

Tanjiro watched from the corner of his eyes that Y/n stepped back behind him and Inosuke stepped in front of him ready to fight. Y/n didn't even draw his sword.

"I shall be the vanguard!!" Inosuke claimed, "You can just bring your trembling buttlocks and follow me!! I'm hungry!!"

"Inosuke..." Tanjiro said in gratefulness. He turned to Y/n, "Y/n..."

Y/n shook his head as he clutched his mother's kimono slightly, "I'm going to stay behind for a bit. Besides I need to go somewhere else if we want to defeat all of the demons. I promise I'll met you in the forest some where."

Tanjiro's breath hitched a bit in concern, but he nodded, "Alright, please be safe."

"You need to be safe too, Tanjiro-san."