Ⅼ︎Ⅸ︎

☁︎︎ Third POV

Muzan snapped his eyes opened as he took in a shaky breath. He panickily looked around only to see nothing. Everything was dark, cold, as if he was in a dark void of nothingness. There was no ending, there was no beginning.

Muzan left around his body, he realized that he was there, he wasn't burning. He noticed that his hair was back to his black color instead of being white. He also noticed that he was wear the suit from where he first met Y/n in.

"Where... Why... Where am I?" Muzan whispered to himself, "Is this... death?"

"Muzan," A voice called out in a stern tone.

Muzan whipped around to see who was calling out to him. His eyes widened when he saw Y/n, but he was in his regular demon slayer uniform and he didn't have that insane smile on his face anymore.

Y/n had his blank face that everyone knew of as he stared at Muzan. Muzan, on the other hand, was breathing heavily, for some reason he could feel the sense of anxiety build up inside of him when he saw Y/n.

"Y/n... Y/n please tell me that I didn't die," Muzan pleaded, "I can't have died! I'm immortal!"

Y/n did nothing. He just stood there, watching as Muzan clutched the cloth where his heart would be. He scanned Muzan up and down, as if judging him where he stood.

"I can't have died! I-I still wanted to be with you!! I can't do that if I don't have my memories with you, Y/n!!" Muzan shouted in a panic, "Y/n please tell-"

"Muzan," Y/n cut off, "Are you feeling anxious?"

Muzan's eyes slightly widened in confusion and shock, "What...?"

Y/n lowered his eyes slightly as if he was tired, "Are you feeling nervous, Muzan?"

Muzan furrowed his brows and shook his head, "No-No I'm not? What are you talking about...?"

"But you are feeling anxiety, aren't you?" Y/n pointed out, "Tell me, were you having fun?"

Muzan stayed in confused silence.

Y/n sighed and looked to the side, "Whatever, it's almost over anyways."

Muzan now perked up at this. He scrambled to get to Y/n. He held onto Y/n's face as he forced the shorter to look at him. Muzan had tears of desperation as he gritted his teeth. Y/n only looked up at Muzan with a blank look.

"It's just begun," Muzan stated, "I can't go down that easily."

Y/n carefully put his hand on one of Muzna's wrists, "Don't over think this, Muzan."

Muzan breathing was unbalance, "Look into my eyes, Y/n, do you not know how desperate I am to live a life with you??"

"Don't be scared, don't be shy, death isn't always permanent anyways," Y/n said in a soft tone.

Muzan's eyes widened, his tense figure calmed a bit. He tried to pull away to step back a bit but Y/n held his wrists where they were, confusing him.

Y/n held onto Muzan, knowing that if Muzan moved he would harm him more, "You messed up, Muzan, admit it. You turned hundreds, if not thousands, into demons, take the punishment now so that when you are reborn, you'll have a peaceful life.

"You've won so many times already, so it's okay if you lose now."

Muzan's eyes widened, his eyes began to look at Y/n in a panic. He let out a small gasp as he just noticed that he stabbed Y/n's temples with his fingers. His lips quivered at what he had done. Blood dripped down Y/n's head to his chin.