Ⅹ︎Ⅹ︎Ⅷ︎

☁︎︎ Third POV

"I did what I was told, I punched their tickets, I gave the 'mate' the drink, and I put them all to sleep," The conductor sobbed, "Please put me to sleep quickly. Please let me see my dead wife and daughter. Please, please."

"Sure thing you did a great job," a hand with a mouth said as it had the words 'dream' on it, "Now sleep. Have a good dream where you can meet your family again."

A small shock went through the conductor. He than collapsed onto the ground and into an eternal slumber. One where he can dream about his loved ones and could see them once more.

"Ano... what about us?" A young girl asks as three boys and another girl crouched behind her.

The hand smirked at the kids before it. It specifically smirked at a duo colored eyes boy who looked like he died a long time ago. This boy, will be concurring the mates' core, poisoning it so that the mate will fall in love with the mind behind the hand.

To Enmu, he was ecstatic to see the mate up close in personal. He, the demon who had put everyone to sleep, was the mind behind the hand.

☁︎︎ First POV | Y/n L/n

I panted heavily as I ran up the mountain that had m late home. I didn't care if I was going to fast or if the sticks on my back were falling, I just had to see my family again, alive. This-This wasn't like the nightmares I usually have about my family.

As soon as I made it to the top I saw Kai, my little brother. He was looking at me in questioning as to why I was panting so hard, but he smiled when he saw me either way. That bright smile... the one that was killed years ago.

"Nii-Chan!! Nii-Chan, how much did you sell today?? I bet it was lots and lots!!" Kai cheered as I stood there, shaking slightly.

I took a step towards him as I reached out my hand, "K-Kai...?" I muttered out.

"Eh? Nii-Chan? Are you okay?

Tears pricked my eyes as I ran at Kai. I engulfed him into a hug and tackled him to the ground. I made sure to protect his head once we landed. Kai let out a small yelp when I did so and his eyes were widened in surprise.

"Nii-Chan?! Nii-Chan?! What's wrong?? Are you okay?!?!" Kai asks me worriedly.

I held onto Kai tighter, "I-it's nothing Kai, I just had a bad thought."

"Oh... Nii-Chan, you shouldn't be daydreaming on the job! Otosan told us about this!"

"I know, Kai, I know."

When we departed from the hug I helped Kai up as he helped me get the sticks that I have dropped. We talked a bit here and there but Kai was cheerful, like nothing ever happened. I was thankful he didn't see my tears.

This wasn't a dream, this couldn't be a dream. Kai was too real to be a dream. This has to be real. Was demon slaying all just a daydream that I made up to myself? It has to be, because Kai is here with me now.

Me and Kai walked back to our house while he talked to me about all sorts of stuff he learned from Otosan today. I made sure to listen to him carefully, not missing a single word.

"Y/n! Perfect timing! I need help with cooking," Mio, my Okaasan, called out to me.

I had to bite the inside of my cheeks to not let out a cry and tackle her into a hug right then and there. Me and Kai went up to him and they both talked to one another before Kai went to go help Otosan.

"Come here, Y/n, let's make dinner for the two wild beasts," Okaasan joked with the motherly smile that I missed.

My eyes shined at the sight of it. I gave Okaasan a hug which made her slightly flinch at the sudden touch. I could tell that she was shocked but I didn't care, I just wanted to hold her right now.