Ⅻ︎Ⅰ︎

☁︎︎ First POV | Y/n L/n

I was useless. I hated feeling like this, but I felt so hot and dizzy that I could barely even think correctly. This is so stupid, I'm so stupid, this fever is so stupid. I really should've cared for myself when I got the chance.

I gripped onto Yushiro's haori as I unintentionally pulled him closer to me and Tamayo-san. He didn't seem to mind as he held me with such protection, it was comforting.

I also held onto Tamayo-san's hand, I knew that Yushiro would be mad at me but I felt nervous and holding someone's hand made me feel better. No, I wasn't scared, I don't think I can feel scared...

Tamayo-san's hand was surprisingly more warmer than me. It felt like she was an actual human instead of a demon. I knew I was human, but I always felt colder than what I'm supposed to be. It was odd.

"You got my clothes dirty with dust," I heard the closed eyed demon say to the tamari demon.

"You're so annoying. It was all thanks to my tamari balls that we were able to find this place so soon, okay?" The female demon stated with a smile.

A children's toy being used as a weapon, seems like anything can be a weapon, but why something that was supposed to be played with? By little kids none the less.

"Stay close to me, Tamayo-san, Y/n!" Yushiro claimed, "I don't want either of you getting hurt because of this filth!"

The tamari demon only laughed, not seeming to hear what Yushiro said about her. She threw her tamari ball and they bounced all over the place creating holes in the walls and floor.

To a normal person the tamaris was going at lighting speed, but to me it wasn't that fast. I could track them down without trouble and I knew where they were going to go, the arrows were a big help.

A tamari ball came for Yushiro's head. I knew I had to do something, anything! I didn't want people to care for me, I needed to help them.

I unsheathed my katana that I sneakily put on my back when I followed Yushiro down the hall earlier. Breathing was hard as the air was scratching my neck, but as long as there were people in need, I had to help.

I sliced the ball that was coming for Yushiro's head. He and Tamayo-san's eyes both widened at the speed. I coughed as I fell back down next to Tamayo-san. I could feel blood coming up my throat but I just swallowed it down.

"Y/n!!" I heard Tanjiro call out.

"You idiot! You're still sick, you bastard!!" Yushiro scolded.

I only covered my mouth to prevent blood from spilling out as I coughed.

Yushiro would've scolded my even more if it weren't for the second tamari ball coming for his head. I couldn't reach it in time so it made his head burst. I groaned in disappointment, disappointed in myself for not saving Yushiro sooner.

"Yushiro-san!!" Tanjiro yelled.

Yushiro's body fell onto Tamayo-san. She kept him and I close as I twitched from keeping down blood. I buried my head into her shoulder, much like how I would do with Okaasan. They were both almost the same...

"The demon hunter with the earrings on your ears, that's you right?" The tamari demon asked Tanjiro with a sick smile.

I looked up from Tamayo's shoulder to see that me and the female demon had made eye contact. The closed eyed demon also noticed me.

"What this?! The cloud haori! You're the demon mate aren't you?! Talk about two humans with one tamari!" The female demon cheered as she and the closed eyed demon blushed a bit.