Ⅸ︎

☁︎︎ Third POV

"You're the child of the burning crimson aren't you?" Haganeduka said, "This is most auspicious for us to meet!"

"No, no I'm Tanjirou and Kie's son," Tanjiro tried to explain, "I didn't mean it like that..."

Haganeduka and Tanjiro's loud conversation could be heard from the inside of the shed.

Y/n just stayed by Urokodaki's side as he listened to the conversation. He could tell by the presence that the person wasn't dangerous, but his aura was a yellow color.

"Your hair and eye are all red right? If a family is a business of making fire then they will have a child like you. So I mean it's a very lucky thing, so be happy," Haganeduka stated at he poked Tanjiro's face.

"Is.. that how it is? I don't really understand at all..." Tanjiro said nervously as he tried to get the older's hand away from his face.

Haganeduka poked his head around the door frame, "Looks like this blade might turn red. Right? Urokodaki?"

"Yeah," Urokodaki said simply.

Y/n sweatdropped, "I didn't know people could ignore others so well..." he mumbled.

Haganeduka snapped his head to where Y/n was. The sudden action surprised Y/n as he flinched.

"You... You the lone breather right? The one the breathes the clouds?" Haganeduka questioned.

Y/n blinked, "I guess? Yes, I use breath of clouds, but I don't know what you mean by lone breather."

"Pure, innocent, kind, you will have a clear glass-like blade, I just know it. One that only myths told about, you will get the clear blade over my dead body," Haganeduka stated as he leaped at Y/n and started pulling on his cheeks.

"Can- can you please let go of my face...??" Y/n muttered.

"Ah! Y/n is being assaulted!!" Tanjiro claimed as he came up next to Y/n.

Urokodaki pulled Haganeduka off of Y/n. Y/n rubbed his cheeks as they started to turn red in pain.

"Are you okay, Y/n?" Tanjiro asked.

"I'm okay, I think. Thank you Urokodaki-san..."

"Alright! Whatever! You two, try and pull the blade out of it's scabbard!!" Haganeduka shouted as he tossed the two sheathed katanas at the young males.

Y/n caught his katana as Tanjiro's hit his face.

"O-okay..." Tanjiro stuttered as Y/n only hummed.

Both males unsheathed their katanas. The two adults in the room waited for the colors to change to their predictions.

Tanjiro held his katana up as Y/n only examined his. Y/n spun his katana with his wrist, realizing that it is lighter than the normal katanas and more swift.

Tanjiro's and Y/n's eyes widened as the blades started to turn different colors.

"OHH!" Tanjiro said in awe.

"BLACK?!" Haganeduka shouted.

"It's black..." Urokodaki muttered.

"Eh?? Black feels really ominous! Is this a bad sign??!" Tanjiro asked worriedly.

Y/n just examined his blade with a head tilt.

"No it's not like that... I've never seen a blade this dark of a shade of black..." Urokodaki stated.

"EHH??!! I THOUGHT I COULD FINALLY WITNESS A BRIGHTCRIMSON COLORED BLADE DANMIT!!" Haganeduka shouted in distress.

Haganeduka whipped his head to a silent Y/n, tears and puff of angry clouds coming out of his mask.