Ⅹ︎Ⅹ︎Ⅻ︎

☁︎︎ Third POV

Both Y/n and Rengoku stared Akaza down from where they stood. Akaza seemed to be unfazed at the fact that both males were looking at him with hatred and disgust.

Rengoku narrowed his eyes at how fast Akaza healed, "I cannot understand why you're targeting a wounded person," He stated.

Y/n shifted his stance to make his blade more noticeable, indicating that he will not hesitant to attack if he has to to.

Akaza smiled at the two males, "I thought he's just get in the way of the three of us," He said, calmly.

"We have something to talk about? It's out first time meeting, but I already hate you."

Y/n narrowed his eyes, "And I have no intention of chit-chatting with the likes of you," He retorted.

Akaza pouted at Y/n's answer but smiled nonetheless, "Is that so? I really hate weak humans too. When I look at weaklings I just feel disgusted."

Y/n clutched his katana making it shake slightly, "Tanjiro-san isn't weak, you bastard..."

Rengoku lowered his eyes at Y/n He stepped in front of Y/n to make sure that he doesn't move suddenly and on his own. Tanjiro blushed very lightly at what Y/n said.

"It looks like Y/n and I have different moral values in regards to things," Rengoku said.

"I see. Then I have a wonderful proposal for the both of you," Akaza stated, "How about you," He pointed to Rengoku, "become a demon? For the mate, how about you shall come with me and live a life filled with love?"

A vain popped out of Y/n's forehead, signaling that he hated the idea. Rengoku glared at the demon for offering such things, to him and Y/n. Both proposals were horrendous.

"I am no mate," Y/n stated.

"No chance," Rengoku added.

Akaza eyes lingered on both males, "I know your strengths by just looking at the both of you. You're a pillar, or at least have the power and strength of a pillar. Both of your battle spirits are strong, however the mate's seems to be more polished."

Rengoku lowered his head, "I am the flame pillar, Rengoku Kyojuro."

Y/n narrowed his eyes in disgust, "I am no pillar, I am no mate, my name is Y/n L/n," He reluctantly said.

"And I'm Akaza," Akaza greeted as he smiled towards Y/n making the shorter tense, "Kyojuro, I'll tell you why you aren't crossing into supreme territory," He pointed at Rengoku with pure hatred, "Because you're human. Because you'll grow old. Because you'll die."

Rengoku stood his stance, not moving. He had his katana in hand, ready to defend himself whenever he needed to. Y/n could only glare at Akaza through the side of his eyes. He could not move since Yoriichi is holding him back and Rengoku was in front of him.

"Become a demon, Kyojuro. If you do, you can continue to train for a hundred. Even two hundred years. You can become stronger," Akaza than smirked, "Besides, the mate will always be by us demons' side no matter what."

Rengoku clutched his fist at what Akaza said about Y/n. He was there to see Y/n get assaulted by a demon, he was there to see Y/n's panic attack. He, by all means, didn't want to be like that demon.

"Growing old and dying is the beauty of the fleeting creature called a human being," Rengoku started, "Because they grow old. Because they die. They are tremendous, loveable, and precious. What they call 'strength' isn't a word that is used in the regards to the body."