Ⅹ︎Ⅹ︎Ⅹ︎

☁︎︎ Third POV

☁︎︎ Third POV

Both Rengoku and Y/n came to a stop when they saw a familiar burgundy hair. Y/n crouched down next to Tanjiro while Rengoku stood by Y/n. Tanjiro looked up and was shocked to see Y/n and Rengoku standing side by side.

'We're they one who made the train move from the back?!' Tanjiro thought in shock.

"Tanjiro!" Y/n called out.

"Kamado, my boy!" Rengoku greeted.

"Rengoku-San! Y/n!" Tanjiro shouted in shock.

Rengoku kept his upbeat smile, "Me and Y/n managed to land some very minor slashes before coming here!"

"We think that the demon will take some time to regenerate," Y/n added.

"But there's no time so we'll talk to you quickly!! This train is made up of 10 cars, me and Y/n will protect the back seven!"

"Nezuko and Zenitsu-San will protect the other three."

"Right! So that leaves you and boar head by to go for the demon's neck while watching out for the front three cars!!" Rengoku stated.

"Neck?! But now the demon's—" Tanjiro was cut off.

"It doesn't matter what he looks like! As long as he is a demon, he'll have a neck!! Me and Y/n are also looking for a weak spot while fighting him! Time to get fired up, boy!!"

"We're counting on you, Tanjiro-san!" Y/n yelled over the sounds of the train.

Tanjiro didn't have time to talk back as Y/n and Rengoku disappeared from sight. All that was left behind was a line of fire and clouds - turning into smoke - leading to the ends of the train.

'Th-They're so fast!'

Smoke and fire raced each other until they both noticed the flesh eating the sleeping passengers on the train. Y/n and Rengoku came out of the fire and slashed at the flesh, splitting them into very little, and almost unseeable pieces.

Y/n jumped back from his spot in the cart and him and Rengoku pushed their backs together. To a normal human being, they wouldn't be able to hear the small conversation the two were having because of the speed, but to them it was just enough time.

"Split up! It'll be fast to slash that way!" Rengoku stated.

Y/n nodded, "Let me use your back, I'll be able to get to the other end faster!"

"Hai!!"

Y/n jumped up and used Rengoku's back as a surface to propel himself to the end of the train. Rengoku's eyes slightly widened at the force of Y/n legs, but he quickly shook that off and ran to the other end of the train to slash away the flesh.

Smoke and fire danced with each other as Y/n and Rengoku constantly passed each other to switch carts over and over again. They were fast, too fast for the flesh to keep regenerating over and over again.