1: Home Sweet Home

NEW COVER COMING SOON
ALL CHAPTERS DIFF LENGTHS
PLS GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

Everyone has a house, but do they have a home?

"And done" I mumbled under my breathe as I closed my wardrobe. I looked around my new flat and sighed - well that was a job and a half. Unpacking was something I'd never done before and despite me being the 21st century Monica Geller when it comes to organisation(Amy Santiago from Brooklyn 99 probably took that position first), I now knew I did not enjoy it.

I walked over to my record player and twisted the volume knob, turning it up a little. Electra Heart by MARINA was playing and it was my favourite album in the entire world - The Family Jewels is stunning too, okay I will say that. But Electra Heart hits different when you claim you've been in your Electra Heart era since your teen years - just admit you're lonely Zahra, there's zero other explanation. But c'mon, imagine being Electra Heart - breaking a million hearts just for fun, being the most narcissistic women on the planet, not caring what others thought...you probably hate me now but I can assure you, 1. I hate myself more and 2. I am not THAT bitchy.

I hummed along to the music as I picked up my phone and unlocked it. I went onto the camera app and began to snap photos of my new place - my Mum and friends back home were dying for photos and I was pretty proud of what I'd done. There's no way I'm depriving them of this quality content. I took my time taking pictures before forwarding them to each individual, hoping for positive feedback.

Mum: Wow, looks nice.

Blue🫐: OMG I LOVE IT YOU SNAPPED QUEEN

I mentally cringed at the word 'queen' but shrugged it off and looked at the next messages.

Lily: oooh nice! can i buy you housewarming plants? you did amazing !!!

Alex <3: AHH YESS also is that electra heart on the record player😭 luv who hurt you

Many people Alex, many people. I replied to each individual message with kindness before taking a video of the room for my Instagram story - I knew I didn't want anyone knowing my where abouts but they wouldn't guess from a room home sweet home??, I captioned the video before I put my phone down and went to make my dinner. My first dinner in Brighton - how fun.

I write all this yet forget to introduce myself a well done me. My names Zahra and I'm twenty. I've just moved out of London to a new city called Brighton which you may have heard of. Why did I move, you may ask as London is known to be the best city of all? Because London is a shit hole - pardon my french but I didn't lie. I understand that there's concerts and culture and theatres but have you been preyed on on the tube when you were seventeen years old? Yeah, there's more but I won't dive into it.

I took a pot out from the bottom cupboard and put it on the counter before opening a packet of instant noodles - yes, basic but I'm tired. And I haven't even finished decorating yet - my artificial leaves, posters and prints were in a large binder on my bed which I'd dropped on my way inside causing them to scatter everywhere. As I was draining the noodles, my record stopped so I put the pot down and walked over to my record player - which clearly had seen better days - and moved the needle back into its place before putting Electra back into her slip case. I turned the knob, put the lid down and put Electra back into the crate. I then headed back to the mini kitchen to finish draining my dinner.

I sat down for about half an hour watching Friends whilst eating my noodles before I got a text.

Heard you moved! Where you living now? I miss you!

Think of a lie. Brighton was near, I could easily be spotted if they came to the right area. Go farther, I thought to myself before I typed Birmingham. I pressed 'mute' before swiping off Instagram and going onto Twitter. I scrolled through mindlessly before checking the trends.

LT2 IS COMING

Met Gala 2021

Seventeen

James Charles

My Policeman

Same old same old really...the world is wondering if a rockstar has blonde hair and a popular YouTuber has been exposed for being a predator. What more could you expect on a Friday evening?

"Home sweet fucking home" I muttered.