21: B99 on the Sofa

Harry let out a snigger as Jake Peralta made another one of his jokes. I smiled softly as I chewed on my prawn cracker - he'd ordered Japanese food from my favourite place and we were really enjoying our food AND the show. I felt a bit uncomfortable on the couch though so I shifted a bit causing Harry to notice.
"You okay?" He asked.
"Uh yeah jus' a bit uncomfortable"
"Here" He put his arm round me and allowed me to lean on his side. "Comfortable?"
"Yeah, thank you...are you okay?"
"Still a bit sad but I'm managing"
"You'll be okay. You wanna change the show?"
"Um...nah. I like it"
"Good. That's good" I turned my head and carried on watching, putting another cracker in my mouth.

"How was uni?"
"Eh, it was fine. My teacher found out we were hanging out yesterday but was really understanding"
"Oh, that's good! What happened?"
"Kept me behind 'nd asked if I was okay 'n' said I can talk to him about stuff if I need to. Apparently everyone there knows"
"Everything's okay though, right?"
"Yeah, everything's fine! No one really knows who I am so that's a plus"
"You made up with Delilah?"
"Nope. She hasn't bothered to apologise so I'm just leaving it"
"Maybe you should try talking to her about it"
"You see, I would but I didn't do anything wrong so I dunno...I don't see the point"
"Just explain to her that she really hurt your feelings and you needed your best friend to support you and she failed to do that"
"Nah. I don't like confrontation. But thanks for the help...i just...yeah"
"No, no, you can tell me! C'mon, I wanna know!" Harry teared his eyes away from the screen and looked deeply into my brown eyes.

"I uh...it's just...whenever i tell people they've messed up, i-it never really goes well"
"How so?"
"Manipulation"
"What!? Noo" Harry looked sorrowful. I nodded nervously, not looking at him.
"If i say nothing, I wont get manipulated"
"Y'know what y' gonna do? Put people in their place and walk the fuck away till they have some sense"
"Its not that easy Harry" I mumbled.
"Okay, true. I'm sorry"
"Its fi-noooo not him!" My least favourite character had appeared on the screen and I was disappointed.
"He looks annoying"
"He is. I hate him" I sighed. "But thank you" I leaned up and kissed his jaw line gently causing him to blush. "Sorry, I should have asked"
"No worries. I liked it - it was sweet" He pulled me closer to him as we carried on watching the show. "I'm glad we're friends"
"Me too"