29: Picnic at the Seafront

"Comfortable?" I asked Harry as he shifted around on the pebbles.
"Trying to be" He chuckled, finally sitting properly.
"Nice day isn't it?" I smiled over at the sea gleefully before my eyes swivelled over to Harry who had his phone out.
"You mind if I take pictures?"
"Of course not! I'll take some too, if that's okay"
"Sure! Yeah" We dug into our mouth watering food joyfully, the sun shining. "How're you?"
"I'm okay. Having a picnic with a lovely stranger, you?" I joked.
"I'm feeling great! Having a picnic with a gorgeous woman" He grinned.
"Sounds nice"

The talk was small but we were content with each others presence. I hadn't realised how good looking Harry was till today...like I always knew he was handsome but today I could really see it. His dark brown curls sat perfectly on top of his head, his emerald green eyes gazing over at the deep blue sea. He looked so-

"You alright love?" He noticed me staring. Fuck.
"I really like the concept of fruit" I blurted out, trying to cover up the fact I had been checking him out.
"Me too. Its the reason for my success"
"It would seem so" I then noticed from the corner of my eyes, a group of girls squealing and taking photos...of us. "My God..."
"Whats up?" He looked in the direction I was looking in and sighed. "I'm sorry love, this happens a lot"
"Its alright, it isn't your fault" I assured him. The girls noticed we had saw them and were screaming amongst themselves in glee.
"Fangirls, am i right?" I joked.
"Love them to bits - but hate when stuff like this happens"  He replied sadly.
"Why dont you just go on Twitter and say 'I love you but stop'"
"I dont wanna be mean, y'know? Kinda signed up for this and i don't like social media"
"Understandable...but if you ever want me to say anything i will"
"Dont worry love you wont need to"

The chatter was small but...it was comfortable.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, sipping my lemonade.
"I'm doing really well, how about you?"
"I'm...okay...I guess...uh a lot on my mind but I'm glad we did this"
"Me too. Y' eyes go a pretty colour in the sun"
"Well thank you Harry" I blushed shyly.

We ate up as much as we could before we leaned against each other, looking at the sea.
"You feeling okay?" He asked me, his arm sliding round me.
"Yeah. Just a bit tired. Hey, can we go Waterstones later?"
"Sure, yeah! Oh also, I uh need to go London this weekend for work. D'you wanna come with? It'll all be at my house so you can chill in my room and do your work whilst I do my own stuff"
"Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe I can go back to the Moomin shop" I grinned. "Even see some old friends"
"Look at you go miss!" He gave me a gentle squeeze. "I'm really proud of you"
"Me? Bitch, I'm proud of you!"
"What have I done?"
"Exist"

Harrys eyes literally watered when those words left my mouth. He sniffled and wiped them away before pulling me into his arms.
"I love you" He mumbled.
"I love you too bestie. So...is it a day trip to London?"
"It could be..." He had a look on his face after he pulled away.
"A weekend!?"
"Let's do it! Im working Saturday but you can use that day to work too then on Sunday we can do whatever you want"
"Oooh okay...hmmm...can we go to an art gallery?"
"You miss, know me too well" He planted a soft kiss on my head before he leaned his head on mine.
"Oh my god they really are dating!" I heard from behind us.

I pulled away from Harry and turned around.
"No we're not!" I exclaimed.
"Okay, okay calm down" Harry pulled me away before apologising to the girls. "C'mon love, they're just kids. It makes it worse when you speak up"
"I'm sorry, I just don't like speculation"
"I don't either but I gotta put up with it. Anything I say can go any way"
"Uh uh uh I'm a regular person, I can do what I want. And I wont have people speculating about me"
"I forgot what you were like" He chuckled fondly. "I'm sorry though. Being around me...leads to this"
"It's okay, it isn't your fault. You jus' wanted to do what you love, not put up with this bs. But...I will tell people we aren't dating if they ask"
"Fair enough. You wanna go?"
"Sure"