22: Two best friends

"Bestie! Earth to Zahra!"

Alex snapped her fingers in my face causing me to look up.
"Are you okay? You spaced out" She said kindly.
"Honestly? No" I admitted.
"Delilah?"
"Yeah...been feeling a bit lonely cuz I don't really have uni friends now"
"You got me, Blue and Harry though! Harry! How is he!?"
"He's great! At the beach currently - filming for his movie"
"Can we go!?"
"I could ask...but first we should go to the Lanes! Cult Records has a sale"
"Oh yeah, maybe they'll have Born To Die or something. Maybe we can come back here after and watch TV"

So like that, Alex and I headed to The Lanes and I showed her Cult Records, which is a cute Indie record store!!
"No way! Oh my god no freaking way!" She had found a rare Stranger Things pressing and was freaking out. Whilst she was fangirling I turned my head to see some prints and scoffed playfully when I saw Harrys face. He was beautiful - and my friend. Who knew that moving away could lead to you becoming friends with your favourite white boy?
"How was your exams?"
"Better than I expected! I cant wait to go to uni next year, it's gonna be so fun. I applied to Brighton of course as I love it here but I also really like Bristol and Nottingham"
"You have plenty of time to visit the places and stuff- we could even go together!"
"We should later in summer. But heck, I love Brighton"
"Me too...it's...nice"
"No annoying people that's for sure...right, I'm getting ONE pressing...waaait...I want two..."
"Spender much...oh yeah, did you like Marinas new album?"
"No" she said quickly.
"What!? Why!?"
"Look, the singles were good. But...i can't stand sad songs"
"I get you...oh well, Electra Heart remains at the top"
"She does...right, fuck Born to Die cause it aint here. What you getting?"
"Nothing. Harry betted I wouldn't buy a vinyl for a month"
"Homophobia" She joked.
"Wh-How!?"
"Y' gay"
"I-Alex, I'm not gay"
"Oh..."

I've known this woman for three fucking years.

"This whole time you thought I was gay?"
"Look, you like all the singers gay people like. Im a raging lesbian and my gaydar can sense it"
"Very much straight but thank you"
"Boring" She scoffed before she went to pay whilst I texted Harry.

alex wants to meet you.

Shockingly, he replied straight away. The lesbian in Year 13 or your cousin?

blue is my cousin. alex is the lesbian in y13 - the one u gave the vinyl to

Gotcha. I'll come over when Im finish. Last week here.

noooo :(

Bold of you to assume I'd stop hanging out with you

YOU STOLE THAT FROM ME

STOP GATEKEEPING PHRASES

bestie you learnt it from me😭😭😭😭

You rubbed off on me a bit too much...

when ariana grande said "boy i invented you" she was talking about you - except it was me

Fuck off

ok bye

NO IM SORRY

HARRY IM OUT LMAO just text me before you come over

Okay have a lovely day! See you soon!

"Stop flirting with Harry" Alex joked, peeking over.
"Shut up Alex" I scoffed as we headed to Pret.

After i got my smoothie we headed back to my flat. I let Alex watch Stranger Things whilst I made some lunch. As I was draining the pasta my phone buzzed.

Open the door ;)

"Alex? Can you open the door for Harry please?" I asked her.
"Im scared of men!" She protested.
"Harrys kind! And he gave you the vinyl. C'mon!"
"Fine..." Alex trudged to the door and opened it whilst I dished the pasta out into three plates.
"Alex, right? I'm Harry" I heard the sweet voice of Harry speak as the door shut.
"Yup. You gave me the vinyl. So you're the guy in love with my best friend"

LITTLE BITCH.

I pretended not to hear as I finished preparing the food.
"Uh...no...no, not me. I do love her to bits though" My heart glowed when I heard those words. He loved me. "Where is she?"
"Behind you" Right on cue, I turned around to see Harry looking tired but his eyes lit up when he saw me.
"Hey, you!" He pulled me into his arms and smiled, resting his head on mine. "Missed you"
"I saw you a few days ago" I giggled.
"I know" He released a bit and saw what I had made. "Looks amazing love"
"Gross" Alex made fake vomiting noises, causing Harry and I to chuckle.
"Platonic love gives me instant serotonin" I told her as I pulled away from Harrys grip. "We're watching Stranger Things Season Four"
"Never seen it but I will watch it to please you two"
"Uh uh uh, you can't do that! You need to watch from the start!" Alex insisted.
"I dont think he has time" I said as I put the plates on my coffee table.
"Okay we can leave Stranger Things today"
"Uh could I get some water?" Harry chimed in.
"Help yourself young grasshopper" i replied, not looking up from what I was doing.

"So...how did you two meet?" Alex asked.
"M' car broke down outside her house and she helped me out" Harry responded after swallowing his pasta.
"Besties ever since" I smiled shyly before I took a sip of my juice. Harry glanced at me and had the same look on his face.
"Right..." Alex was looking at us strangely.
"How did you two meet?" Harry asked.
"Concert. Three years ago" Alex responded. "Got her into record collecting  and now shes broke as fuck"
"Not true!" I protested, causing Harry to chuckle.
"Please bestie, you chose a vinyl over food"
"And? You spent £200 on a record only for it to arrive scratched up" I retorted.
"Im not ashamed" Alex flipped her dark hair dramatically causing Harry and I to snigger.
"Uhh...so...when do we watch the new season?"
"Next week? Or we can just FaceTime and watch tonight"
"Ton-Alex I have uni tomorrow. I don't get half term remember?"
"Okay, we can watch separately then and cry about how pretty Robin is" She teased me.
"Im not gay!" I realised I was a bit too loud because Alexs eyes had widened and Harry was looking away awkwardly.
"Oh well. She's still hot" Alex shrugged. "Oh also I need to go. Mother dearest texted me while we were at Cult and she needs me home in an hour"
"T-thats fine uh you can come over again this week if you want"
"Can I stay?" Harry asked.
"Sure, yeah..."

What was wrong with me?