16: Wiggles

"Okay, open your eyes!"

Harrys eyes opened to see a cute inside picnic - yup, that was the plan.

"Oh wow" He smiled shyly. "This is so cool"
"Thank you Sir" I was pretty proud of myself and was smiling like an idiot that i soon covered with my hand.
"Is that a fucking caterpillar cake?"
"His name is Wiggles, thank you very much!"
"That's a shit name!"
"Don't disrespect Wiggles"
"How d'you know its a Him?"
"I baptised it"
"You're not even Christian!"
"Uh how do you know!?"
"Bec-wait. I don't know that..."
"It's fine, I'm not" We both burst into giggles before tucking in. I let Harry choose the music and he'd played the album Rumours by Fleetwood Mac to which he was vibing to pretty hard.

"You have a good day?" He asked.
"Mhm. I have humous" I replied as I put a cucumber dipped in humous in my mouth.
"Wh-what about me!?"
"Who?" I teased him. "Joking...I had a very good day. Thank you for trekking all the way here to see me"
"Happy to. It's nice here"
"Mhm. Im loads of fun, aren't I?"
"Honestly? No"
"Wh-Leave!"
"I'm joking!" He chuckled, his nose scrunching up as he did. "I feel like you've really warmed up to me"
"Oh really?"
"Yeah. When we first met you were so shy and now you're...more yourself"
"How do you know whats more me?"
"You put me on your close friends story on Instagram"

I really was a dumbass.

"Oh so you like seeing me do dumb shit twenty four seven?"
"Yeah, it's funny. Makes my day" He smiled shyly.
"As it should. I'm the best clown walking the earth" I poured myself some lemonade. "You want?"
"Sure" I poured Harry a glass too before I crossed my legs and downed my glass.
"Thank you. Hey, i wanna make a toast"
"Why?" I sloshed more lemonade into my glass as he spoke.
"I dunno. Anyway, to you and your amazing indoor picnic"
"To me and my sexy sense of humour and picnic" We clinked glasses but I may have gone too hard because my glass smashed and lemonade went everywhere along with shards.
"Oh my God!" Harry jumped back as my fingers started to bleed. My mouth was wide open till I covered it with my other hand to stop myself from laughing.
"Are you okay!?" Harry asked in a worrying tone. I just smirked and tried to hide my laughter. "Zahra, are you laughing?"

Yeah, that was my response to certain situations.

There was glass in my hand and most of the food was wet yet I was snickering like an idiot.
"Oh God" Harry started giggling too at my reaction which caused me to join him. "Right, let's fix you up"

I sat on the counter while Harry got the first aid kit out of the kitchen drawer.
"This is gonna sting a bit" He pulled some shards out of my hand while I watched him. "You okay?" He asked after he finished.
"Im alright" I replied, showing no signs of pain.
"Good" He then proceeded to clean all the blood off my hands. He did it carefully too, holding my hand with one and wiping with the other. Tingles went through my body - what was this feeling and why did I hate it but love it? Anyway, he put a plaster on my middle finger before tidying up.
"Thanks"
"Not a problem. Here, I'll tidy up the mess"
"It's fine, i got it"
"You're injured"
"Yeah and my Mums Asian. What's your point?"

I forgot he didn't understand my jokes.

"Oh. You're white, never mind" I got off the counter and left a confused Harry in my kitchen area before I went to tidy up.
"What?"
"My Mum used to put her hand in hot water to take out boiled eggs and showed zero signs of pain AND didn't get burnt"
"How does that relate to her being Asian?"
"You sir, have a lot to learn"
"Honestly, I do. I don't know much about Asian culture" He sidled over and helped me tidy up the picnic as it was clear the vibe was now ruined.
"Im guessing you mean South Asia. I'm part Indian, surprise bitch"
"Hey, I ain't no bitch!"
"I know, I just like saying that"

We finished tidying up and just sat on the floor.
"So...y' gonna tell me what it's like being Indian?" Harry asked me.
"Why do you care white boy?"
"Just wanna know. I like hearing about other peoples cultures"
"Its not...interesting or anything"
"It may not be to you, but it is to me. C'mon, please?" He pleaded me.

Truth be told, I hated being Indian. I hated being a person of colour - but I couldn't tell him that yet. I was already getting too close and it was dangerous.

"I have to ring my Mum" Why did I say that? What kind of fucking cover up was that you cheeky bitch?
"What?"
"She told me to call her at four. It's four"
"Oh...why?"
"I dunno. Probably to remind me that I'm a twat" I joked, grabbing my phone off the table.
"Right okay" He chucked fondly. "Well, I guess I should get going. But we should do this again. I had fun"
"Yeah just text me. Uh, d'you want Wiggles?"
"You baptised him. You keep him"
"If you insist" We both giggled and shared a hug - a hug that I needed. Tears filled my eyes so I pulled away and went to unlock the door. "Um so I-I'll see you soon"
"Stay safe Zahra" He grabbed his tote bag and made his way out.
"Text me when youre home White Boy" I teased him.

"Is that my new nickname!?"
"Sure, I guess"