67: Back to the flat

Harry and I arrived to my flat in silence.

It still looked the same except the pictures of Harry on the coffee table were now gone and there was less food.

"You want some tea?" I asked, turning the light on.
"Uh no thanks, I'll have water" he replied.
"Help y' self. 'm gonna get comfortable. You can too if you want"
"I would but...i don't really have anything"
"Hold on" i went to the bottom kitchen cabinet and took out his TPWK hoodie and handed it to him. "You left it here"
"Oh. Thank you" He took it from me gingerly before I left the room to change. Having him around felt weird but...better.

I got into an oversized jumper and shorts then took off all my make up. I brushed down my hair and went back to the living room to see Harry with his blazer off, a few of his shirt buttons undone at the top. He was silently sipping water, looking around my flat. I sat down at the other end of the couch awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"Thanks for coming. Im...glad you did" I said quietly.
"Im glad I did too" He replied softly. "I really missed you"
"Ditto" I responded, calling him to chuckle softly. "How 'ave you been?"
"Eh. Up 'n' down. Lots of alcohol. You?"
"Down. Really down. Lots of...nicotine"
"Yeah, I gathered" He gestured to the pile of lighters on the table. I knew Harry hated smoking but I didn't care - I had my reasons.

This was so awkward.

"I'm really sorry" I began. "For shouting at you and...not hearing you out. I made you feel really bad"
"It's alright. Thank you for apologising. I'm sorry for agreeing to speak to that dickhead. I shouldn have respected your boundaries"
"It's okay. You didn't know what he was going to say"
"Hug it out?" He offered.

I knew if I hugged Harry, I'd start to sob but I craved his touch so badly that I gave in and buried my head into his chest, letting him hold me. I wanted to stay like this forever - safe in his arms.
"I've missed this" He mumbled.
"Me too" I sniffled.
"Are you crying?" He pulled away slightly and noticed I was close to tears.
"Um I'm fine. Hayfever"
"Riiiight" He didn't believe me in the slightest.
"Shut up" I got off the sofa and walked away, wiping my eyes.
"Hey. Don't be mean" He scolded me.
"I don't know how to act" I replied, not looking at him. "This whole night I've just been feeling like shit because I pushed away the most important person I've ever known "

"I mean...I don't plan on going anywhere"