ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴀᴛʜ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                     IF A TRAIN COMPARTMENT has two miserable children inside it, what were you supposed to do? Well, some would smile at them and ask if it was alright to sit with them

IF A TRAIN COMPARTMENT has two miserable children inside it, what were you supposed to do? Well, some would smile at them and ask if it was alright to sit with them. Their immeasurable kindness sharing a small comfort to the gloomy mood of the duo. A silent conversation going up to share their reassurance with each other.

That was just with them, of course. But me? I started my day being woken up to get dressed so that I could head out to a place of ‘safety’ for the meantime. No further context being given as my lovely mother pushed me inside the train without giving me the ability to share my concern with the matter. Which if I could now think of it, was lucky on her side because if someone was to know me, they would have the knowledge towards the real meaning of scandalous. Props to the great father of mine that taught me the right ways to be dramatic. Happy war-fighting to that honour-loving soldier.

Back to the matter at hand, I slid the small door open. Two faces facing the direction of the loud noise as I purposely banged the door. My head was held high, an air of radiant confidence squashing little ant's timidity. Back straight, a posture gained from the years of ballet practice. And lastly, the cherry on top— my eyebrow raised to signify clear arrogance. A perfect way to make an entrance as taught by the Wellingtons.

Stepping a foot inside the miniscule room, an answer presented to my earlier question of what to do with the two miserable children as my faced formed to something that they both had an instant reaction to. Have you guessed it? I think you have. Well, if you haven't yet, I smiled. Kidding! A scowl presented its way to my features, a sliver of fear making its way to my desired place.

“One . . . two,” Starting a small counting, the two shared a look of horror. With their expressions showing that they had no knowledge of what to actually do, I decided to give them a little help as I'm not that mean. “Don't let me get to three.” Yep, not that mean.

With that, the both of them immediately stood up, grabbed their belongings, and bolted out the door. A small triumphant smile graced my face as I settled inside the compartment by myself. All thanks to those two kind children whom willingly gave me the pleasure of having peace, bless their souls.

Shuffling around in the mini room, I carried my luggage to place them accordingly to their required spots. Later on finally sitting down to gaze out the window and relax in the harmonic melody of peace—

“Hello, may we share this room with you?” A male voice sounded from the entrance, my head snapping to the sound with an irritated scowl. My eyes scanned the new arrivals, narrowing themselves to openly judge their attires.

They were dull looking, the same miserable emotions present in their faces yet they showed it differently. One was smiling slightly— it was who the voice belonged to, next was a full on depressed looking girl followed by an elder female who had her nose stuck in a book.