ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

   THEIR COMMITMENT IS ASTOUNDING

THEIR COMMITMENT IS ASTOUNDING. Like, how in the world can they manage to keep quiet for such a long time without even getting alarmed by it. Especially with how it's the type where it was uncomfortable, one that had a pressurized tension flowing in the air. They had a mutual understanding of being dead silent, all because they were entering unknown grounds that they had yet to explore further. Even the fauns who recently blabbered a lot had gone into the similar hush!

Rainstone has been leading us with full concentration, snapping his eyes directly towards anything that he hears. His senses were admittedly good, as supposed to him being a descendant of the great Oreius. No rustling of a bush remained unnoticed by him as he just let his keen capturing of sounds be the principal of the journey.

But then there was just this one person who can never stay tight-lipped like the others, causing quite a ruckus to erupt in the whole group. "Thimbles and thunderstorms! Who tripped me?!"

"Quiet, dwarf!" Raundus shushed sharply, only receiving a dirty glare from him.

"Well, you should've thought of that first before deciding to trip me!" Brinkkin fired back, myself only biting my lip in amusement.

"I didn't do it!" The faun defended himself, huffing in annoyance.

Yet it didn't seem to phase the dwarf from shooting another retort. "Then who did!"

"Shut up, both of yo-"

"I did." Having enough of the fun, I finally admitted my blameworthiness. All of their attention flickered to me in a whiplash, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. Most of them hesitated in questioning my actions, opening their mouths only to close it right back.

"Why?" A mouse whispered audibly, being the one who received the guts to speak out. Did I really have such title for them to be afraid of talking back to me? Or was it just because they made a mental debt of kindness for my recent aid.

"I was bored." Shrugged out my reply, the dwarf scowling in disdain. Merely rolling my eyes at him, he gave another one back with more impact.

"Your Majesty, we need to be careful in these woods. Neither of us knows what lies beyond-"

"You mean the lot of people who's been following us ever since we entered here?" I inquired nonchalantly, pointing my thumb towards the empty clearing behind us. They only became more puzzled with my declaration, seeing nothing other than large trees. "Although I dare say that they are splendid with their mastery of stealth."

Truthfully, my abilities has long captured the presence of six figures, all of which had eyes following our own forms the moment we stepped foot inside the forest. I had waited for the time where they would step up and handle our group, prepared to match their tactic of surprise attack. But it seems as if they had other plans with us, making me surrender my general idea of just advancing first. If these were the same people that took Brinkkin's relative, why have they made no move of doing the same to us? Perhaps it was the latter choice of the rumours only being a cover up for the safety of their vicinity.