ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴅᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                         AN OLD MATCHSTICK KINDLES with a good purpose, yet it only lasts for a matter of short seconds

AN OLD MATCHSTICK KINDLES with a good purpose, yet it only lasts for a matter of short seconds. Only if you've chosen the object to light up will you know if you've used the fire correctly. Whether if you'd successfully blazed a candle, or if you'd mistakenly attempted to ignite a rock in a bonfire. But in every time you use this object, you will always get to experience the thrill of having to be quick in pace or your flame will diminish.

This is a representation of the choices you'll make in your life. Triumph will come if you've lit up the candle of the right path, providing security in what you picked; it was the road of getting to success. The other choice however, if you fail to trust your instincts, you'll have to face the consequences of setting your blazing vision in the wrong direction; trust being the very thing that made you fall in the depths of regret. Yet if you've chosen long enough to ignite your decision, you'll only end up burning in the waves of your crashing opportunities.

“What's the percentage of possibility that I'll get you to change your mind in proceeding with this decision?” A voice awoke me from my daze, my gaze turning to the person by my side. Rolling my eyes at him, I then looked outside the window of our moving vehicle. We have just finally arrived at the bustling streets of the city after travelling for a long distance from our settlement.

“It progressively went down everytime you've repeated this question.” Just a little side note, the attitude seemed to have actually come back to me, returning to how I was before I went to Professor Diggory's home. Apparently, being away from Narnia for a year really makes a huge difference.

The man chuckled at my reply, shaking his head in amusement. My hands went over to straighten my outfit, the maroon blazer looking absolutely orderly. “Your uniform required a hat, did it not?”

“I see no need for a hat, it just makes my head itch.” I smiled sarcastically at his teasing grin, pushing away a stray piece of hair that escaped to my face.

“Funny how your grandmother said the same thing back when we were younger.” He trailed his eyes off of my face to glance upfront.

“Well, she is my favourite grandparent, after all,” I watched as he turned to me with a noticeable frown, his grey eyes piercing my own. “Hence the inspiration.”

“Then I shall ban you from visiting her in the summer.” His threat prompted myself to perk up with a huff, alarm settling in my stomach as he peered away.

“You wouldn't dare,” I narrowed my eyes playfully, him only side–eyeing me. When he showed no sign of amusement, I gasped then quickly held his hands in my own. “I was merely throwing a joke!”