ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄʜᴀꜱɪɴɢ ꜰʀᴀɢᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                              PLENTY SAW FLAMES as the enemies of life

PLENTY SAW FLAMES as the enemies of life. That they wreaked havoc only to end in destruction and ensue eternal chaos. But it wasn't, it never was. As it was the waves of harshness that flooded the kindling hope that it brought. Water has states that moved the ripples of a hostile tide, or to freeze the entire concept of hope by lowering the temperature of determination to cover it with icy dread. Which, was where the flames would make an entrance, braving the impact with force as it melts the core and set alight the shivering faith. Its warmth would forever comfort as it blankets you with reassurance, and let you gaze freely towards its dancing heat.

The darkness grew and grew with each moment that passed by the timeless night, causing the air to go colder with smokes to puff out with your breath. Danger wasn't lurking, or hiding, or finding the right time to jump at our vulnerability, no. We were the ones tiptoeing as to not trigger any disturbance to the abyss, to prevent meeting the horrors it reflected to our perspective, and to push aside the fear as it crawls with freedom that was stolen from us.

It wasn't hard for me to connect some things as I thought back to a similar situation before. How the winds held shivers, how the trees felt woeful, how the lands felt as if life was taken from it. Silence was present but there were still whispers that emerged, the bitter chill biting at our skins but a small warmth touched our shoulders. It seemed like the age of winter that the White Witch once gave, only this time there was no sun, no sound, and no living being to accompany our somber. Still, I knew, the long winter was the beginning of this tragic event, that it helped shape the phenomenon we were experiencing today.

“It's doubling.” Jack was the most overwhelmed from us all, his empathy being unforgiving as it let the negativity of everywhere seep onto his senses. Yet for what it's worth, I was meeting the similar fate, only I had perhaps mastered the art of ignoring its faint pain.

Glancing upwards wouldn't exactly relieve any form of stress as a looming shadow resided to block out any form of light. As if a border of vignette had been plastered to our sights, any signs of things being incredibly indefinite. Not a single star graced the skies, everything was without doubt pitch black. Our group huddled closely with each other in an alert circle, attempting to peer through the foggy screen that lidded our eyes.

“Being blinded is not really something I'd put on my wish list.” Nesrin, the female with fiery locks, groaned with attitude.

“I don't think it's on anyone's wish list.” Lara sighed, maneuvering us to somewhere safe despite the unclear path.

With the three stars inside me, I carefully utilized each of them to put up an unknowing barrier around us, soft enough to not hear the growls of retaliation. My quest of finding more of such, proved much harder than intended, all worsening as the results of failing this kept on pushing stronger to hinder not only my success by also our survival.