ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴘᴏɴᴅᴇʀ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                      ‘WITNESSED, NEVER TOLD

WITNESSED, NEVER TOLD. Disappeared, but never did.’

Those seven simple words kept repeating inside my mind like a broken cassette tape, leaving swirls of assumptions to flow like unlimited guesses. It felt like a game, filled with taunting words of giving hints from its past tenses. This riddle was the last thing the magician had left me with, himself not knowing the answer to it. All he had admitted was how the day before we arrived, came a voice that said the riddle inside his head, he didn't know what it was but took it as something he needed to tell us. Inquiring about his dream, the remaining detail he confessed was how a push had whispered that supposedly the answer to the riddle was the answer to the truth.

Sighing, my eyes scanned as a barely visible barrier erupted like a dome around the ship, an iridescent azure glow shining from it whenever you moved. I took my hands from leaning on the railings, now holding strong as I took a glance towards the still roaring sea. Fortunately, the storm was dispersing to a slow rumble, no more rain to drench us but the waves were still violent.

I had just gotten back from my trip from the other world, and just deposited the rations I gathered to our storage room. The men, those who were still awake, thanked me profusely. All of this was done much to everyone else's dismay, seeing as they never really wanted me to go out and risk my life from doing so. The worst one who took it was of course the one and only, upset visible from all his defeated huffs.

Night was still lingering amongst the dark sky, being in the middle of it provided the wind to grow cold but humid. Only few had stayed on the deck to maneuver our vehicle, most of the crew already snoring off their exhaustion. My closest companions were also in the sleeping quarters, myself telling them not to wait for me as I was certain I would come back very late.

“You should get some rest, Your Majesty.” One of the men greeted me.

“Should I?” He nodded rapidly, a small chuckle escaping me. I then stretched my limbs, squinting at the layer of haze I put up. “Do you . . . perhaps still feel uneasy?”

“No, gratefully not anymore.” Truth had enveloped his words, a bright smile coming to his features. “I– We must thank you for everything, My Queen. We are indebted to your unending kindness.” Hearing the last spilled still felt foreign to my ears, not really used to having everyone name me with compassion. I gave him a nod of gratitude, wishing him well then went to the direction of where the others might be.

Part of the reason I also felt hesitant of leaving here was because we were fast approaching the source of the darkness. Which meant we were getting vulnerable of the effects of the mist. For me to leave was to only give a temporal blockage to lessen its bothering, but not enough to completely shut it down. So now as I returned, I first ensured that I replaced the surrounding shield of the Dawn Treader and thicken it with plenty of positive coatings. Deep inside of me was certain there were still a few of the mist that had stayed inside, myself quietly rounding around the rooms to propel them away.