ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                                         FEED ME A RIDDLE

FEED ME A RIDDLE. Satisfy my vast curiosity. And quench my thirst for knowledge. It has long been an attribute of my family to not only be contented with first impressions but to study even the smallest of details. For it has always been an axiom of my grandfather that the little things are infinitely the most important.

So it brings me to the question that was it the sole purpose as to why I had been pulled by Edmund's misfortunes? Or is there something else that magnetized myself to his great luck of having bad things thrown his way. It was a thought that bothered me until I fell asleep on the uncomfortable floor last night.

The gates of the dungeons opened up, the coldness of the area still very present. My eyes squinted slightly at the upcoming strangers. Upon focusing my gaze, I saw that it was the dwarf whom always followed the witch. He was carrying a long stick, attached with a whip of some sort.

Up.” Ginarrbrik, whose name I learned from Edmund, demanded. I scowled at him then pointed at our still imprisoned bottoms, him glaring at me then heading outside.

I faced the person beside me, seeing his eyes already facing my direction. My head did a discreet nod, earning a determined expression to momentarily flash in his eyes. Signifying that he was ready.

Mr. Tumnus had already been taken away a few moments prior from being woken up. My abilities remained relieved by the fact he was connected to me. Though his string of connection linked me to his discomfort due to a slight pain still bothering him. It was still good to know that Jadis took my suggestion of not making him another one of those statues.

Returning inside the room, the dwarf was now accompanied with the troll guard from last night. Coming inside our frosted cell then swinging its large axe to cut off the shackles encasing our ankles.

Standing up, the queen's dwarf servant went behind us, leading us to go outside. A small misstep led to a harsh push from him, making me bite my lip in annoyance. The boy beside me shared the same look, although he faced me in warning. Knowing that I needed to shut my mouth for it'll only lead us to our dooms.

Once again facing Edmund, I cleared my throat to get his attention. He faced me nervously, doubting my plan for a second. Rolling my eyes, I then looked around, only to see that there were only two guards with us. Distanced luckily by the door, away from our forms yet enough to catch us if we run away.

Releasing a shaky breath, I then staggered from my steps. As expected, the dwarf behind me used his whip to push me forward. Just then, I slipped from his action, falling down on the cold floor. The boy beside me looked at me worriedly, crouching down to my height along with the dwarf who went down to take my shirt with his fist then bring me up. From there, my eyes met with Edmund's, him nodding with a small smile on his face with me winking at him in approval.