ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀʀ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                                  AS THE NARNIANS HELD a small celebratory feast in regards to all of the success made for today, I quietly slipped away

AS THE NARNIANS HELD a small celebratory feast in regards to all of the success made for today, I quietly slipped away. Going further into the path, I followed the direction towards where we once stood when the gathering was held. My instincts grew much heavier with every step I took, just trudging to where Aslan was quietly residing in.

After the Witch has renounced her claim on Edmund, a small weight was uplifted from my shoulders. But that was the problem that I took notice of. How was it that only a little bit of relief flooded through me when I should have been happy for what has ensued during the day. All was answered when I looked at the solemn face of Aslan, my senses boarding with emotions that made me focus solely on him. That the only thing snapping me from the great lion was an unexpected hug from Edmund along with a huge breathtaking embrace from Tumnus. Literally. That it made me choke from how he squeezed me.

By now, the sky has already darkened slightly in colour with a few oranges still spiralling in the distance. There was only few people that roamed around me as most were by the celebration tables. The creatures nodded respectfully once I walk past them, myself giving a small courtesy back before hurrying in my saunter.

My steps went halted however when a hand gripped gently onto my wrist. I turned around to face a confused expression of the youngest male Pevensie. His breathing was slightly ragged, like he just ran up to catch up to me.

“Why are you in such a hurry?” He breathed out, tilting his ever so slightly. I gave him a raised eyebrow look, glancing around to see some creatures looking our way.

“I don't remember having a need to tell you everything.” My reply made a frown take over his face. A loud voice in the back of my head refused to tell him of what I imagined Aslan has done. Knowing that it will not only cause him a huge sense of guilt, but also panic the other Narnians as well. Who knows how much chaos that will cause the camp.

“Is it bad to ask if you're alright? Besides, you look troubled even when you should be part of the celebration.” Edmund stated lowly, making me sigh. Deciding to drop the attitude, I then sent him a teasing side smile.

“You're being obvious,” He somewhat shuffled nervously in his spot, wanting to forcing out an on the spot lie but I interrupted him. “Don't think I didn't notice your little crush on me, Edward.”

“I don't!” The boy burst out rather quickly, face turning red in embarrassment. I snickered, causing more frustration to bubble up from inside him.

“Whatever you say.” Continuing onward to my initial goal, I started strutting with hands behind my back. But this time, in a slower pace. The boy rushed to be in my step, syncing his walking with mine.