ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴅʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ꜱᴏʀʀᴏᴡꜱ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                      NOTHING IS MORE SATISFYING than to once again feel the fresh air of Narnia

NOTHING IS MORE SATISFYING than to once again feel the fresh air of Narnia. It was like breathing a smell of new starts, a fragrance that would linger even in the most smelliest places. So sweet, unique, even extraordinary if I say so myself.

As the blinding light dispersed from my vision, darkness slowly crumpled as a dazzling scenery alit the ends of the tunnel we were in. My hands immediately swatted away those who were holding mine, them looking at me with a glare. Moving forwards with the siblings, our lines of sights then captured the alluring glimpse of a beach. The waves crashed ashore with the smell of a blooming beginning.

Not even making it far from the tunnel we were once in, the Pevensies shared looks. Then just like they were in a race, all of them rushed ahead with their hands moving to strip off their layers of clothes. Giddy laughs trailed right after their excited figures, shouting incoherent things that I did not want to describe. Or that I just can't hear them.

I watched as they leapt to the ocean, looking like hungry children devouring the food that they've been starved with. They splashed water on each other, Lucy squealing when Peter picked her up to drown her. Rolling my eyes with a scowl that covered my smile, I trailed my gaze off into the distance. My ears could still catch their joyful exclamations, playing in the waves of the beautiful, clear blue sea.

With eyebrows furrowing close, my feet trudge across the sand involuntarily. What stood before me was very familiar, like it was something I should know yet still failed to remember it. By the concentration I was doing, I could finally feel something that I haven't noticed before. My senses were getting overwhelmed with the silence of the day, Narnia lost a spark that I had appreciated ever since the first time I came here. As I closed my eyes, I could now feel it, now knowing what disappeared. The world I once reigned in had lost life, colour, magic. It was now an empty shell with the myths hiding right below. But why?

Being too focused in my own thoughts, I failed to hear the giggles sounding behind me. When I did, it was too late. Arms captured my form in a hold that I couldn't struggle to get out. The person started walking ahead, my eyes widening at the destination we were headed.

“We're going to have so much fun.” Edmund whispered teasingly in my ear, myself attempting so hard to unclasp from his tight embrace.

“No! No, no no, stop!” I shrieked, seeing how my feet were now drenched with the ocean. The siblings splashed me with water, laughing at how I was desperately glaring at them.

“Oh, come on, Phel. You told us not to be buzzkills and you're acting like one. So we need to change that.” Peter mocked menacingly, splashing my face with water.

“You better wish I'm never getting out of this hold, Pelvis!” The only thing I could do was give him a dirty look, the water now levelled with my waist.