ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴡɪᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                                    TO TRUDGE THROUGH CAMP was to compare of when I would stand in the middle of a stage

TO TRUDGE THROUGH CAMP was to compare of when I would stand in the middle of a stage. For when I walked by a lot of the Narnians, their eyes followed my form in a look of pure curiosity. The same goes for when I go up to one of my dances, audiences watching me with their focused naked eyes. Of how well I would execute my twirls, spins, or just my whole performance for that matter.

Though a part of me was thankful enough to have been mostly in the center of attention. Because it has readied me for moments like these that I have to take in the burning stares of the watchers. And just as mentioned before, we facade ourselves with a look of no vulnerability. For it is to show them that authority comes from anyone who very well carries it out with confidence.

"I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back." The voice of Peter filled my ears as I managed to pass by their relaxed forms.

Wanting to just walk away, the sound of the siblings calling out to me made me halt in my actions. When I made a move to just continue, a hand gripped my wrist, forcing me to sit down beside them with a face of hatred. I glared at the person who pulled me here, receiving an innocent smile from Lucy.

"We're going home?" Susan questioned her older brother.

Peter stalked to the small table then sat down, myself now in the middle of the two elder Pevensies.

"You are. I promised mum I'd keep you three safe," I ignored the pair of eyes glancing at my form, just listening to their conversation to keep my mind from my own thoughts. "But it doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help."

"I give you the worst of luck for your way back." I smiled condescendingly at the three younger siblings, unspokenly teasing them of having an overprotective brother.

"You don't get to say that. You're also going with them." Excuse me?

"Last time I checked you weren't my brother." My retort went ignored once Peter just blocked out my response as if his words were final.

"But they need us," Lucy countered innocently, glancing at each person gathered around. "All five of us."

"Lucy it's too dangerous! You almost drowned, Edmund and Ophelia was almost killed." The eldest reminded them, my eyebrows furrowing at his last statement. Who said we were going to die?

"Which is why we have to stay," Edmund finally spoke, looking around before catching my own gaze. "We've seen what the white witch can do,"

I nodded at him slowly, urging him to continue what he was getting at. He looked down at the table, his mood rising to one's of courage.