ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ꜱᴛᴇᴀᴅɪʟʏ ᴀᴍᴇʟɪᴏʀᴀᴛɪɴɢ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                    GOLDEN STREAMS OF SUNLIGHT basked the entirety of the large ship and those who were stood above it

GOLDEN STREAMS OF SUNLIGHT basked the entirety of the large ship and those who were stood above it. The waves were calm as we approached the nearing sight of land, a soft breeze gently pushing the sails to its direction. For once, I could finally see beauty in the face of the deep ocean, further aiding me in getting used to it. Maybe I could finally cease the internal feud of myself against it, if only one could hope as far away as that.

At this time around, Lucy was the one who stuck by my side after the others left us. We've recently engaged ourselves in a long conversation about things that came into mind, mostly reminiscing of our times in Narnia. Both of the males excused themselves to assist the crew with whatever one of them asked for, myself letting them take care of that alone.

“How do you feel?” Lucy questioned for the sixth time possible, patiently gazing at my focused form.

Before Edmund took his exit, he was attempting to help me control the skill he named as ‘teleportation’. It was his best conclusion after I've told them what transpired during my last session. He was set on the strategy of doing what I was already doing, which was to concentrate on the place I wanted to go to. Also telling me that I should start with short distances first so that we could see if it was possible, and that I wouldn't be stuck somewhere far away.

“I feel like contemplating my life choices,” The girl giggled heartily at the comment, that beautiful beam writing on her face. “Keep smiling like that.”

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, “Why?”

“It's a pretty sight.” All right, I did my best. It was a truthful confession, despite of how I was also doing it to halt her disliking of her looks. She was pure of innocence that needed to be preserved. For I could see that in the face of darkness, she'd be the brightest light to remain.

“Thank you.” With cheeks flushed, she looked down for a second. The impact was admittedly large from what I could sense, yet I was conscious of how my word wasn't enough to fully change her perception about herself.

Whilst she was pondering there, I got back to what we were initially doing. Patience was really one of her strong pursuits even with all my frustrated groans. Lucy took her brother's role of aiding me with practicing, giving sweet supportive cheers from time to time.

Taking a steady breath, I cleared my mind of any disturbance, causing my ears to unconsciously tune out the sounds of the others. It was a serene state that my grandfather taught me as a child, saying that this was one of the major steps in being a great detective. This was a knowledge I passed onto Edmund, him stating how it actually does work. He was merely joking at that time just to get himself some commendation, but was actually idiotic enough to forget I could see through his trick.