ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                       THERE ONCE WAS A time in my whole life where I've always despised the idea of the night

THERE ONCE WAS A time in my whole life where I've always despised the idea of the night. On my childhood, I was always the girl whom loved the feeling of dancing at the rays of the beguiling ember where I'd be glowing with the warm splendor it produced. It just gave me a sense of having that feeling of being in the spotlight, all because it was daytime that I thought maybe people would be awake enough to watch me.

I hated how the night would swallow the eternal brightness of the morning, how it let the sun take its fall only to replace it with a sinister gloominess. Considering how I didn't like the tenebrosity given by the hours of darkness, it gave me enough reason to abhor it. Because it was in the mind of a child that unfriendly entities would serve as your company at the absence of luminosity. But all of it changed as time passed by that I had an increase in the years of living. That my slumbering intellectual capabilities finally opened their eyes to see the comforting prospect brought by the night.

It all started one day when I had gazed curiously at the image of the moon that I had seen the graciousness it brought. How it had been the one that took the role of the sun, but with it, was a whole different meaning. For that it was considered as the light that will illuminate the darkest of times, only for you to go on and continue pushing forward.

Because it was then that I grew up to see the beauty of every single thing that ever happens. How I decided to look for the silver–lining of the situations that I had negative thoughts about. All my life I've hated the night because it veiled the sun. But it was never even necessary, as the moon was only living the role of kindling the time of night so that the darkness will never grow and prosper.

“Why are you hiding behind the drapes?” I bothered not in suppressing a loud groan of annoyance, turning to the person who's been pestering me ever since the party started.

“Your face makes me want to choke on a piece of pudding.” My response gained a bright smirk from the man, his face showing how he's obviously going to reply with something dirty. I pushed past him to stalk away towards the ballroom, not wanting to hear it.

Today was the day that Lucy finally reached her sweet sixteen, hence the reason of such a huge occasion. Susan made sure to make it the grandest event she's ever held, giving all her effort to let the youngest Queen feel the best for her very special day. Which if you've already guessed, required all of us to be under the rules of the second sibling. The time that has already passed still made me unbelieving, seeing as all of us has grown admittedly into fine young adults. And it also made me rethink if I ever want to follow Susan's demands for Lucy's eighteenth birthday, due to being quite sure I'd pass away by then.