ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰʀᴀᴄᴛᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

THERE WAS BEAUTY still seen despite the chaos in the camp. Nourished were the trees with a vibrant ambiance, the place still tidied of any rubbish on the floors. It felt as if the entire clearing of the large settlements were guarded by the watchful eyes of nature, with the people still bustling about with their own tasks. There was optimism beside the negativity, determination amidst the anxiety, and kindling fire above the sorrowful waters.

Some, if not most, stopped and watched as Jack and I arrived with a swallowing blue glow, awed reactions swirling innocently in the air. The Aces let them be as to relax their worries, myself even speaking to them whenever they wanted. After those, we were led by the group of seven females to speak further.

“Not much has changed except that other Narnians are free to stroll or live with us here.” Smee informed, my eyes scanning the definite lie on that. There was drastic change on our surroundings, and not just little.

What once was gravelly ground went replaced by a patterned brick below, dusty yet extremely clear of litter. New structures had risen from places that were empty before, even additional tall ones that compliments the fairytale vibes of the area. A soft colour of both warm and cool tones never contrasted each other, delivering a welcoming aura to meet us.

From the initial statement, I could see it, other creatures were roaming around the place. Elves from before still situated themselves here and still had the largest population count, but I could now see how even tiny mice were helping out with other things. It still amazed me how the camp works like a village with its own circulation of currencies. Perhaps I could call it a town if I must.

“Not all of them however.” Ella shook her head.

“Why?”

“Although it is said that the more, the merrier, Alimash had built this camp with the foundation of protection and innocence. And to do so, she kept it away from everyone's ears. But also vowed to open our lands to those who seek a family.” Jordan narrated, a smile of nostalgia on her face.

“Hence why she also asked not a single help from anyone except herself when the camp was but a couple tents. So that she would owe no one if ever her fortress was finished. It was terribly difficult to even lend her a hand, she would always refuse.” An equal chuckle of remembering elicited from me, knowing that part fully well.

“Your grandmother was as stubborn as a mule. Always one for independence.” Lara laughed quietly at that remark.

We stopped by at a place that appeared to be a workshop, the air humid and spraying us with heat. Clanking was heard inside, with irons being sizzled with molten flames. A buff man taller than most elves stepped out in synch with our arrival. His locks were tangled and red in colour, with facial hair grown and messy like a medieval warrior's. He seemed like the usual person of tough natures, but deep down I was sent with an opposite assumption.