ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ꜱʜᴀᴘᴇᴅ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                        THEY WEREN'T REINCARNATIONS

THEY WEREN'T REINCARNATIONS. However interconnected the lives of both past and present are, they were never mere souls that came alive once again after a lot of centuries. Yes, history had repeated itself and scenes seemingly had been reenacted but there were key events that brought dissimilarities to bloom from each alikeness.

And they all saw this, knew this, because after days that Ophelia had to live in a world where she was inside the mind of her similar character, the others whom were not frozen received the message. Only that, they did not see it through the eyes of their persons, rather they had witnessed it all under the watchful gaze of the moon. And the part that made it all better was that, whilst the girl was living it for long, the others had only seen it in a rapid flash that it had only been seconds that they watched the occurrences. Specifically, it happened right at the moment they are battling the humongous sea serpent after they retrieved the seventh sword they had needed.

Edmund had been extremely worried as he underwent the recollection of the past, worried that mayhaps there'd be a possibility that the cost of being able to do so have been in exchange for the life of his wife. Especially as he had noticed how five figures only came with them when a bright spark of azure transported to their ship just days ago.

Eustace, morphed into a gracious dragon, swooped in and scratched at the scales of the serpent, blowing red flames to its face where they both fought. Reepicheep went thrown away to the Dawn Treader as he stabbed his rapier the second time to its eyes, then it sunk its teeth to the body of Eustace, bringing them underwater. As it surfaced, it angrily bit deeper and flap side to side until it released him where he weakly landed on the harsh rocks on the side.

The serpent approached menacingly at his writhing form, preying at his vulnerability. Yet Eustace did not waver, he opened his mouth and charged flames out where it engulfed the whole monstrosity of the opponent. The boy was about to stand again as the creature fell down to extinguish the effects, but screeched in pain as the sword of Lord Rhoop embedded itself to his arm. He flew off in desperation to get away from harm.

He had already gone mad, too lost in his mind that Drinian had to smack him to unconsciousness. The captain ordered the men to row earnestly, leading the wheel to exit the hazardous vicinity. In desperation and concern, Lucy silently cried at the heavens above, seeking the help of the almighty being. Then in answer, a small light seeped from the thick dark clouds, a purest white bird soaring through the wind.

“To haste! To haste! We must not let down our guards.” Reepicheep scampered off to below the deck.

Esmeray, who'd been on most of the receiving end of his talks, finally complained. “That's a lot of talk coming from the tiny one.”