ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴜɴᴄᴀɴɴʏ ʀᴇꜱᴇᴍʙʟᴀɴᴄᴇ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                         THE FACT THAT DESPITE being asleep, the boy still unconsciously served his promise of never letting go is beyond unnatural

THE FACT THAT DESPITE being asleep, the boy still unconsciously served his promise of never letting go is beyond unnatural. I was up in a seated position, just staring at how the smoke of our bonfire was slowly dispersing. Arms were securely wrapped around my waist, Edmund never letting go even once. The thoughts about my talk with Aslan still lingered inside my head, going over every single hint he had given me. If my prophecy was very close as of the moment, then who could I possibly be tasked to help? Who would be the ten people that were assigned to be in my assistance.

Peter wasn't in his spot the moment I awoke, his string of connection giving me feelings of being cautious. I have no idea where he was nor do I know why he feels that way but I was facing my own battle. And it was if I wanted to wait patiently or just unclasp my husband off me with full force. Perhaps the Pevensies were excluded with who I was supposed to help? I sure do hope so.

A twig snapping off in the distance stirred Lucy from her doze, sitting up to prepare for the day. She looked to the person beside her, whispering audibly so that the possible danger wouldn't hear her. “Susan! Wake up!”

“Certainly, Lu,” The eldest female's sleep talk made me snicker silently, prompting Lucy to snap her head towards me. “Whatever you like.”

“What was that?” She asked me as another snap sounded from a foot away.

“How am I supposed to know? I've been trapped here for ages!” I exclaimed while muttering, signalling to the arms serving as chains. The girl giggled at my situation, just informing me that she'll find out herself. As she walked away, I kept careful track of her link, seeing if anything would possibly harm her.

Now digging deeper towards the woods, my senses suddenly caught multiple living creatures setting off in motion. I studied all of them further, furrowing my eyebrows when I caught no ill–intentions in the tugging of their empathy. Yet after a few seconds of carefully observing blindly, two familiar connections pulled on the rope, anxiety wracking up in both of them.

“Hey,” I kicked Susan with my foot, her waking up abruptly then sending a grumpy glare my way. “I'm fairly sure your idiotic brother's about to die or whatever. Just thought you wanted to know.”

“What?!” She quickly sat up after seeing that two of her siblings were missing, gathering her materials while waking the dwarf by the side.

Edmund awoke from all the ongoing commotion, stretching his arms adorably. “Something wrong?”

“Oh, nothing,” I reassured as the sounds of swords clashing in the distance echoed towards us. “Just that both your siblings are currently living up to the quote of ‘Curiosity killed the cat’.”