ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴꜱᴇᴡɴ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                    NO MORE TEARS could even be shed as their dried up eyes peered through the vast oceans they were sailing through

NO MORE TEARS could even be shed as their dried up eyes peered through the vast oceans they were sailing through. A thousand words lingered within their minds, wanting to be set free, wanting to be voiced out. Yet even so, they knew not a single letter could even bring anyone back. It was not the thought that they had witnessed the death of their family right in front of them that caused their major misery. Rather it was the notion that they had to leave them all behind whilst they had to suffer their imminent ends. And it cast no light for them.

Right as they boarded the boats, another had to lay their life for the betterment. As Cecelia had burst in phoenix flames, the Eliouds were pushed back as the border of her sacrifice lasted for a good moment. She would've been resurrected, she could've, but she didn't. Because for her, there was nothing left for her to live for as the world had gone down to the drains.

It hadn't even ended there, the crisis didn't wish for them to let that be the final pain they'd experience. Still it showed more, and it was through the faces of the elegant beings that assisted their journey to the middle of the ocean. As the third wave had struck and the abyss would morph into a mist, the Aqua Three had been left with no choice but to resign with glory. And as Persephone, Celeste, and Ayanaelle spread their arms in harsh acceptance, the ocean split and divided, erupting the monsters to be sent astray. The high coverage of their magic willed their existence to become one with their home, which was the waters. A remarkable sight of woeful parting.

“What is your plan, Phel?” Susan's question was silent, all of them having stricken expressions on their broken faces.

It took her a lot of time to gather the hindmost idea she almost retired behind, only pushing through as it would be a disappointment to surrender. “I fear this might remain even for centuries onwards. And I cannot let that happen. Our land . . . today, is unchangeable. So I shall ensure there is hope in the morrow.”

“Must that be our mission too?” Peter was confused, he was feeling a lot of things. Perhaps angry at his brother, or depressed from all his witnessed things and was haunted by the scenes, or dismayed at his lack of saving anyone.

“For what it's worth, I shan't let this go on forever. There's too much beauty that could be forgotten, lives to be wasted, and memories to be lost. That is not what I stand for.” Ophelia had her head lowered for the whole ride, too ashamed to reward herself of any eye contact.

“Then what is it that you stand for? What more could we even give? Are our years of efforts still not enough?” With only four of them left to endure anymore of whatever this is, he couldn't help but fire away. Their companions had gone, their dignity forsaken. To what extent could they have to resist more?

“She stands for the future,” Spoke Lucy, her tone etched with valiance. “As do I.”

Telling her tale of creating some sort of beacon to expel the abyss away, Ophelia earned silent approvals. They were not sure, like all the other times, but they had nothing else except to believe for their chances. If they still disperse in the end, then so be it. Least they knew they tried to battle the mocking guffaw of the darkness.