ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ꜱᴛᴜʙʙᴏʀɴ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

CAN I JUST SAY that I am gravely proud of myself for staying fierce despite the ongoing fatigue I felt? Well, if no one will tell it to you then do it yourself, there's nothing wrong in ever appreciating the things you do. Especially if you've spent literal days in order to keep everyone in their best selves even when you, yourself, is not. The amount of times I had to hear the endless echoes of everyone still proved me restless, wanting so hard to spend time away from them. But I couldn't, all because I was titled Queen so I must perform my duties of leading, predominantly if it was to benefit the people.

For now, I was carefully seeing the group of fauns handling their weapons. To admit honestly, the progress they made was enough to at least boost me for the day. The feeling of enjoyment was swirling around them as they sparred against each other, liking how it was a style they were comfortable with. After they finished, I let them have their well-deserved rest. Myself going away to take a small relaxation on my own, which I have lacked these past few days.

But on the way to the quarters, I passed the youngest Pevensie struggling with fixing her own hair. She was sitting on a small rock by the side, trying to carefully tie a braid so that it wouldn't bother her when she moves. I glanced around to look for her sister, seeing the female busy with training some of the younger archers with their stances. My legs carried me towards the younger girl, pulling her hands away from making more of a mess.

“All you're doing is putting it on elflock.” I chuckled at her, gently untangling the shambles of locks. With some accidental harsh pulling of course, no one can ever make me that kind.

“That's offensive— Ow!— to the elves, you know.” Lucy continued with her pained complaints, myself masking a satisfied simper with all the noise.

“They can't really hear me right now, can they?” My hands gingerly divided her hair into threes, putting it over another in a sequenced rhythm.

Yelping loudly, she then grumbled when I swatted her hands away. “Ouch! They have big-pointy ears, of course they'll hear you.”

“You just unintentionally insulted their appearance. What would the elders of kindness think about that, Lory?” She gasped at my response, slapping a hand on her mouth to stop her from saying anything else. I snickered at her reaction, taking my time in braiding her hair.

It was moments like these that gave me a sense of peace, how we'd finally get to bond with each other. Specially since these past few days, all of us have been on separate duties making us only have few minutes to dawdle with gossips. This took a huge toll on our moods, grumpiness taking over us whenever we wake up in the morning. But a small nagging voice within me told me that it wouldn't be good for our people, so I did what I thought was best. I took away their negativeness for myself then replaced it with a happier one.