ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴍ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                    AFTER BURNING EVERY LAST bit of the newspaper I snatched from Harold's hold, I merely played with it using the front of my boots

AFTER BURNING EVERY LAST bit of the newspaper I snatched from Harold's hold, I merely played with it using the front of my boots. It was extremely dull despite the impact I made with the man's face, fully changing his appearance from boring to colourful.

Night had suprisingly settled outside the settlement of the Scrubbs, darkness engulfing the house which I took care of by turning on all of the light sources I could find. The air had also gotten more chilly despite closing all of the windows, myself uncharacteristically admitting that it was bothering to be by my own.

“It's lonesome.” A pout lingered on my lips as I stepped towards the window by the right, blinking at the darkness that was visible. Because regardless of illuminating things inside here, it wouldn't be enough to do so outside. Day was here when time ceased for those who inhabited, so it wasn't a shock that there was no one out there to turn on brightness. Even a single lamppost was left undazzled, providing a mysterious energy to surface.

My hands were about to shut the drapes when a strange twinkle caught my attention, prompting my head to tilt towards the source. It was barely recognizable, only but a small gleam up the sky. The small awning of the glass making it more difficult to peer at, so even as it was agitating to do so, I maneuvered my way through the corridors until I twisted the knob to step out. Keeping the door broadly ajar, I carefully stepped forth to make it to the middle of the streets. And as I stood there, all was clear.

Beside the position of the moon was a little glimmer that came from a star. Pale with its shade of blue, I squinted at it in confusion, unconsciously letting out hazes of energy to rise. The attempt of reaching it was a dawdling process, myself having to give it all my might. Though, it was to be expected to be, distinctively of the distance the sky had to me.

Silence continued to weigh the atmosphere down, causing me to hum a random melody, all the while still doing my present task. It took a lot, and I mean a lot, of time to finally succeed, an obnoxious sigh releasing from me. Closing my eyes, I gave all my focus to decipher its properties, a magic so recognizable bringing me to furrow my eyebrows. Searching for any possibility of where I may have felt it, I became more frustrated as it proved fruitless.

Groaning in vexation, my eyes snapped open but widened as I caught movement from a few distance. Without even thinking twice, my legs pushed with much haste, dodging any obstacle on my path with stealth. Clouded was my mind that I forgot any sense of hesitation, turning my shoulders to what was happening beyond. I was so keen on chasing the figure that I pushed away any fret I had when the blackness became more pitch, the streams of the moonlight questionably steering from my sight.

Structures upon structures, they increasingly became shaded with every inch I covered, my breathing shaking in both exhaustion and trouble. Seems the energy I stringed from the people I ran by worked not as expected, only giving me small pushes here and there. Not even knowing where I was currently at, or how I entirely became shaded by tenebrosity, I still dashed with all my might. But with a strangled cry, I stopped, dropping to my knees in defeat.