ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀɪɴ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                 A DAY YOU'D THINK will never happen is a day you'll be shocked that it did

A DAY YOU'D THINK will never happen is a day you'll be shocked that it did. Yet by chance, I wasn't. Because as night fell deeper upon us, the sound of running paws reverberated from behind us, the echoes of their growls threatening to defeat the blanketing silence of the dark.

Our travels consisted of taking the longest route towards the stone table, seeing as the snow was slowly melting all over. Making us realize that to pass over the frozen lakes were a death wish. After testing it, of course, I vouched that we would make it but gave it up once the whole ice fell over. So in order to arrive at our wished destination, we had to take a huge turn. Over the mountains, to follow the lake. Because father Christmas couldn't give us Rudolph. Did that reindeer really have magic to fly?

“Your Majesties, t–they're catching up!” Tumnus voiced out, his tone one of nervousness. I glanced behind us, cursing at their nearing forms.

On a lucky note, however, we just had finished resting up. Although it still consisted of a half-filled stomach due to us sharing Tumnus' cooking towards our ride. And there were six reindeer, so just wonder how I managed to control a thought of not cooking one of them.

“How many do you see?” Edmund squinted from beside me, gripping tightly onto his new sword, his shield placed carefully by our feet.

“Are you blind?” Facing him with an annoyed look, I then pointed to the running wolves. “There's three!”

“But I only see two!” He argued back, furrowing his eyes more. I was about to retort about his stupidity when my eyes landed back to the two wolves. But there were three, I swear!

And just like the rabid animal waited for the opportunity, he then appeared from the opening of Edmund's side of the sleigh. Growling menacingly at us, his eyes then directed itself to the oblivious boy. My eyes widened, quickly taking hold of the boy. Ducking him down once the wolf pounced on us.

Despite my actions however, the infamous imbecile managed to slip himself off of our moving vehicle. I moved across, halting Tumnus in continuing his maneuvering with our ride. Once he saw why, he gasped in fear. Staring at Edmund getting up from the ground after lurching the sleigh to a stop. The boy raised his weapon at them, not even bothering to run back to us.

Clicking my tongue, I then faced the faun beside me. Digging on our seat, I pulled out the dagger of Ginarrbrik then gave it to him. Making his eyes widen more at what he thought I was implying.

“But—”

“Yes.” Walking close to the weapons, I then made a move to dismount our ride. Only making a few steps, the faun called out once more.