ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴀɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                        WE WERE TRUDGING THROUGH sand for quite a while now

WE WERE TRUDGING THROUGH sand for quite a while now. The sun was blaring brightly up above, signifying how it was mid–noon. Our party which consisted of five, went down from Cair Paravel after changing clothes along with them taking their weapons. I, however, refused to hold anything as of the moment due to still holding a grudge about my missing items. Whoever took it is an absolute lunatic.

“You could have at least taken a dagger, Phel.” Susan declared from where she was walking, hands firmly gripped on her bow.

“I don't feel like stabbing someone using a small blade.” I shrugged nonchalantly, keeping the almost permanent frown on my face.

“Was there not anything else inside your gold chest?” She asked curiously, adjusting the straps of her white quiver.

“Nothing useful. Just a very small bag that was the size of my thumb,” Peter replied, having seen the object I was meant to give an animal. He then faced me in question, “What do you suppose would even fit in it?”

Kicking a pebble away from where I strode in, I briefly faced him with a little smirk. “My patience.”

He let out a chuckle before proceeding with walking in silence. We had just made it out of the array of trees, finally on a spacious field of sand.

“Everything's filled with water.” Lucy looked in a circular motion, seeing how we were surrounded by the ocean.

“Don't worry, Lu. I'm sure we'll be able to find a boat somewhere.” Peter reassured his sister. I perked up when a familiar tug captured my senses, shaking my head when it wasn't coming from the four of them. Closing my eyes, I then attempted to locate where it was coming from.

“Seems like you wouldn't need to.” A small smile plastered on my face, walking past the blockage of trees. The four siblings followed after my form, seeing what I was referring to.

Quickly knocking up an arrow, Susan skillfully shot a warning arrow to the two people who was about to drown a dwarf. “Drop him!”

I bit my lip from her wrong use of words, not sure of how they'd take it. The soldiers seemed to have thought the same thing, literally throwing the bounded Narnian into the water. One of them then raised a crossbow, aiming it at our forms. Susan released an arrow after that, hitting a soldier right at his chest where he was thrown off the boat. The other trailed after, not wanting to be left alone without a long distanced weapon.

Both Peter and Edmund swam away with separate tasks, one was rescuing the dwarf whereas the other led the vehicle to where we were on the shore. They gathered around us after they were finished, Lucy cutting the ties of the small man. He immediately took the cloth off of his mouth, spitting out water he drank while drowning.