ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                                   POLITICS WAS NEVER INTERESTING nor was it ever entertaining in the least

POLITICS WAS NEVER INTERESTING nor was it ever entertaining in the least. To listen endlessly for the talk of the government bestowing little to none gifts has been considered the least of my worries as corruption will always bother me. Therefore, in order to just stop the impending doom of being arrested for arson, I have developed the ability to turn a blind eye towards the matter. Or in simpler terms, is to ignore.

For my grandfather, it never even went to his mind of how the world was working in ways that he failed to notice. Hence why I learned that despite the wideness of his knowledge, came his naivety. For it is that a man was living in a man's world, so what of the reason why he must worry, correct? Albeit those facts about the man, it dare not loosen our relationship as it was even him that made the effort of speaking to me in a parental way.

“Why is it that I also needed to come?” Grumpiness was what I could describe my whole feelings ever since this day started. No smile ever came to me at least once after I was abruptly awoken from my peaceful slumber.

Susan, ever sticking her nose in some book, did not even bother to look up after she sighed. “We all are required to go, Phel. Even Edmund we had to force to come with.”

“I just don't get how attending a wedding could strengthen an alliance.” Tucking my hair away proved a battle as it fought from the grip of my ear, making me just leave it be.

“Our presence would make them confirm that we will be with them whenever they seek. Even if the situations are quite unnecessary.” The oldest female witted, yelping when our carriage lurched upon a small slope.

Two years has already passed which made our reign all the more annoying. Even I have to admit that it would've been better if we still continued our training due to us not having to move around different kingdoms.

The worst thing about our situation is that the initial invitation which was supposed to be sent yesterday only arrived a few hours ago. Resulting in us to make haste in order to arrive there even with the slight mishap.

“Lu, stop touching it, you're messing it up.” Susan scolded her younger sister, taking the girl's hair in her hands to fix it.

“But it tickles!” Lucy giggled lowly, scratching the part where it bothered her, only to get swatted by her sister.

“You're gonna ruin your look.” The older Pevensie sighed, taking the bands of the girl's hair then redoing it all over.

She set her book aside on her seat, now focused on fixing the mess that the both of them had created.

Lucy whined whenever her sister pulled on her hair tightly, frowning deeper when the older girl only told her not to complain. “Don't we need not make ourselves very presentable? We'll end up stealing the whole show!”