ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ʀᴇꜱᴛᴏʀᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴘᴇ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                         THE MOMENT HE AWOKE, a large gasp had escaped right from his throat

THE MOMENT HE AWOKE, a large gasp had escaped right from his throat. Like he had been interrupted from his sleep by a strange force that tingled around his whole body. He was laying peacefully on the soft leaves beneath him, surrounded by multiple trees that danced elegantly. Tranquil sounds of running water had reached his ears, a magic surrounding the whole area which made it so lively.

In his mind, he was already piecing everything together. Admittedly, it has been long that he was inside one of these situations. And dare say he really missed the feeling of coming back here to free his mind. It was one of the things that gave him solace, like a soft comfort embracing him that gave him pure calmness. Especially since just a while ago after they went home from the battle, he was already facing another threat which was the near escape of Jadis.

Caspian was sure he just wanted to lay wallowing there on the ground, knowing there would be no more fox to greet him as the true owner vanished. The boy knew deep down that he was also in fault of her disappearance, that she would've lived if he just went with the plan. But then he just had to be blinded by his anger, the ring noticeably not lighting up to warn him.

“I am sorry,” He raised his hand towards his eyesight, playing with the accessory on his finger. “I have failed you.”

Closing his eyes, he continued spinning it around, same to all the times he was somber. Only a few more minutes passed where he just frowned miserably until a soft fur tickled his nose. He thought it was merely some dust floating around but then it occurred again, making him sit up with expectant eyes. Then lo and behold, a majestic fox was sitting right beside him, looking at him with a tilt of her head.

“This can't be real.” The boy shook his head, rubbing his eyes to possibly clear out his hallucination.

But the animal still remained there, later going a few distance away which made him almost grumble in protest. Suddenly, a bright light succumbed the whole area, blue flames swallowing the fox which twirled around her with grace. It continued for some time until all the ember had dispersed and revealed a beautiful maiden.

“Technically, you're having a dream so . . .” Snorted the blooming girl, tucking a loose golden hair behind her ear. She then rolled her eyes when the boy merely gaped at her, picking up a dead leaf on the ground then pushing it inside his mouth. Choking sounds chorused with her harmonious laugh, grinning at the glare he was sending her way.

“You have turned the fox unkind?” Caspian moved to sit near her, crossing his legs for a more pleasant position.

“Did you anticipate something different?” She asked, nodding at him when he shook his head. “Exactly.”

For the boy, he was happy to be able to talk to her since she just had that soothing air around her despite all the mean comebacks. The only time he's spoken with the fox was before he left his castle, after that came no more dreams. So as he was back here with her, even the girl being human, he was extremely grateful for the mental help.