ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʜᴇʟʟꜱ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                       SOME STORIES WE HEARD when we were children was that everytime the skies wept, it meant that the people residing in the heavens were unhappy

SOME STORIES WE HEARD when we were children was that everytime the skies wept, it meant that the people residing in the heavens were unhappy. That they were shedding such tears all because they were experiencing something that was worthy of being grieved upon. Yet as almost all of the Narnians that ever left Aslan's How was walking under the harsh droplets of water to return there, they cared not of even being stripped away from being ever dry. And for them, it was a thing they were slightly grateful for, as it helped them mask away the liquids subtly dropping from their own eyes.

Upon the sounds of the approaching brave intrepids, the girl inside the temporary safe haven rushed outside despite the pouring rain. As she went drenched upon the wet sadness of the clouds, her face curved up momentarily upon the sight of the still many people. She had thought optimistically that they had been successful, only assuming it would be the most reasonable thing due to the number of those who went back. Those who also stayed in the vicinity were happy to see them walking in one–piece, some suspecting the same thing as the girl.

But all of their smiles dropped painfully as they glanced at the horrified expressions of the arrivers. Most of which had to stop walking due to a person pushing through them to be in front of the line.

“Phel?” It was the boy who had just landed from the ride of the gryphon, quickly wanting to be out of the rear. “Has any of you seen her?”

Rapidly, the heartbeats of those who had heard, went into worrying lines. A tinge of pain was pulling on their strings, faces scrunching even when giving the girl a mere thought.

“Pete? Where is she?” Edmund finally made it beside his brother, his own breaths getting more heavy by the second. He was never one to be stupid, the boy was admittedly very intelligent. Inside his brain was different scenarios to piece out a puzzle, this trait being something he had picked up from a certain someone.

From the entrance of the How, Lucy was slowly raising her hand to cover her mouth. Not even waiting for any sort of response, her tears already starting its fall. She wanted to be an optimist, attempted to be the one who'll give them support. But the faces of the people in front of her was enough to stop her in producing a single positive thought.

“Has she went away to take the loo again?” Albeit knowing where it was going, the boy was trying so hard to keep his cool. He always did believe in the abilities of the girl, even forgetting about the tormenting feeling he had received when they were sent to abort the plans. “Right Susan?”

“Ed . . .” The aforementioned female trailed off, herself having a difficult time in swallowing the situation.

She glanced at their eldest brother, seeing him with his head still hung lowly. Mixed reactions was etched onto his face, all bubbling up inside him like a volcano destined to blow up in any moment.