ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ꜱɴɪᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴇᴇꜱ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                  AS MORNING BROKE UP the sky into a thousand mesmerizing hues

AS MORNING BROKE UP the sky into a thousand mesmerizing hues. A new dawn has rose upon the horizon, swirling in the wind with a different meaning. Landscapes that could be captured in a painting that would be worthless as you remain hypnotized with the bedazzling show of wonders. For because it has now received its long awaited moment. And that was the uplifting of the curse brought by an evil entity.

My eyes remained open throughout the journey despite the nagging feeling of wanting to sleep. I don't know why but the feeling of dozing off became quite dangerous especially if you left a still unwell faun to drive you without another eye to keep watch. Of course it wasn't to give hate to Tumnus, he was trying his very best. But anyone could agree that it would be a ruckus, if one were to remember how he arrived late when we were almost mauled by wolves.

The entire ride was pure, just small conversations thrown out here and there. Information passed around regarding how Narnia worked in wondrous ways. Albeit not wanting to admit it, but the two idiots actually made it comfortable. They both had ways to make me feel like I didn't want to cut off their fingers then feed it to that oompa loompa. Kidding! I actually still do.

Particularly how I was seconds away from unsheathing my sword to stab away Edmund who had fallen on my shoulder while he quietly snored. Along the way, he managed to fall asleep, then had the audacity to repeatedly lie his head beside my neck.

The bad part? As much as I wanted to push him off harshly, I didn't want to have another pit stop due to getting him up the vehicle because who knows how hard I'll elbow him.

“We're almost there.” Tumnus' voice sounded from the front. Myself just rolling my eyes upon hearing it.

“How many times do you plan on saying that?” I replied grumpily, shoving a rough hand at Edmund's head to keep him from falling. If he dares to land on my lap, I swear—

Chuckles came from the faun, sparing me a glance before pointing forwards. My eyes followed the direction of his finger, sighing in relief once a variety of colours entered my line of sight.

Upon another snore echoing from beside me, I quickly pinched the knee of the boy. He woke up with a start, looking around in fear before staring back at me with a now confused tilt of the head.

“What?” Really? After another roll of my eyes, I took his ear then faced him to the direction of the nearing camp. He winced at my touch then swatted it away before gaping at the sight. “Woah.”

“Your Majesties, I welcome you to the shining settlement in the western side of Cair Paravel— Aslan's camp!” Excitement was ever present in the voice of the faun, proudly acting like a tour guide.