ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴀꜱʟᴀɴ'ꜱ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴ

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

                                              WHEN YOU GET REUNITED with an old friend, what would you do? Some would be too shy to even give a hug due to being away from each other for too long

WHEN YOU GET REUNITED with an old friend, what would you do? Some would be too shy to even give a hug due to being away from each other for too long. Like all the comfortable feelings they gave each other while they were together just went straight to the trash bin because of the distance they served. Others would just jump on the friend without any words, embracing each other like it was the last one they'll ever do. But of course that was just them, guess what I did when I caught sight of a familiar lion?

“Aslan, give me one of those epic meows you do so I can ensure that I'm not just approaching something that will maul me to death!” Yep, we're really close as you can see.

I quickly ran towards his form to give him a hug, his deep powerful chuckle reaching my ears that it even made me instantly smile. Oh, how I missed this magical lion. But upon contact with his soft fur, it was like I was reliving my entire childhood. Sounds of what I was before I grew up in Narnia flashed around, myself unclasping from the hug to see the most wonderful sight ever. Thousands of flowing scenes played out around us, glowing transparently yet visible enough to make me stare at them while slowly spinning around.

Giggles of my younger self echoed around the deep forest we were in, my grandfather discreetly throwing me shortly in the air then catching me with a tickle. Another one replacing that image with a scene where I was with the Pevensies in a beach, myself almost drowning Peter for pulling his hair downwards.

I turned around to glance at another one, smiling softly at the one where I was being braided by my mother but my child self was very unhappy from all the tugging. A laugh came out from my throat when I faced the one in the right, seeing the time I almost tripped Edmund due to wearing a very puffy dress because I wanted to steal the spotlight despite it not being our event.

“How are you doing this?” I spared the lion a glance, then quickly turned back to where all my experiences glowed a bright misty blue.

The one I was watching ended with a glistening wisp, exhibiting another one from when I was with my grandmother, getting hoisted at the back of my grandfather. It was one when I was sent to visit them, Lord Tewksbury saving me from getting scolded for burning a book. After that, when I twirled to face another, I stopped in my steps to stare at that one. A feeling climbed up from the depths of my stomach, my eyes burning with tears. All the other memories vanished in thin air, the only one remaining being the one I was watching. It played from start to finish, a small smile permanently etched on my lips even until it flowed away with the melody of realizations.

“You grew well, Ophelia,” Aslan softly stated, stepping right by my side. I breathed out a laugh, wiping a single tear away with one last sniffle. “But one I suspect that you are unsure of.”